Parking near Harrogate this Saturday

shedhead
shedhead Posts: 367
edited July 2014 in Pro race
Hi all, i know, i know, it is probably already here somewhere, but i am planning on going to watch the stage finish Saturday at Harrogate & the official site suggests the great yorkshire showground which is in theory a 20 minute walk to the centre of harrogate. I know it will be rather busy shall we say, i will be coming off the A1(m) heading west towards Harrogate on the A661. Does anyone have any suggestions that may be nearer / slightly further away / better vantage point /easier to get out of at the end of the day ?

cheers
'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts'.

Comments

• FELTZ95
    FELTZ95 Posts: 90
    Harrogate Grammar School are offering pre-booked parking if that's any good plus a "festival" at extra cost
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/harrogate-grammar-school-tour-de-france-festival-tickets-11099869007
    Have no idea as to what access will be like as I'm not local.
  • What direction are you coming from?
  • shedhead
    shedhead Posts: 367
    Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I am coming from the south on the a1 & then heading into Harrogate from the west, possibly on the a661. The Grammar school looks a good option, do you think getting away will be ok?
    'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts'.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Everyone and their dog seem to be in Harrogate on Saturday. I'd assume its gonna be a nightmare getting away.
    If it isn't well you'll be pleasantly surprised then.
  • argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    cougie wrote:
    Everyone and their dog seem to be in Harrogate on Saturday. I'd assume its gonna be a nightmare getting away.
    If it isn't well you'll be pleasantly surprised then.

I've always found Harrogate tricky to park in and around at the best of times. So much of it is zoned.