Rose Pro SL 2000 or Boardman Team Carbon?

Octan
Octan Posts: 11
edited July 2014 in Road buying advice
Hey everyone,

So I'm buying myself a new road bike soon and I can't spend over £900 realistically, as it's only my second road bike and stuff, but I was pretty much sold on the Rose until today when entering Halfords I saw that they have 10% off all Road Bikes during the Tour de France, meaning that the Boardman Team Carbon bike is only £900 instead of the normal £999.

This means that the Rose Pro SL 2000 and the Boardman are pretty much at the same price now (due to 30 quid shipping charges for the Rose meaning it gets up to about £880.)

So, could anyone give me some advice as to which bike to get? I know the Rose has Ksyrium Equipe S which are expensive by themselves, but the Boardman has a full Carbon frame and is also from a UK manufacturer so if something goes wrong it's easier to solve with the company than with a German company...

Thanks for input,
Octan.

Comments

• andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    A British Cycling membership will take a further £90 off the Boardman price
  • curto80
    curto80 Posts: 314
    Much as I love Rose bikes I personally would go Carbon in the circumstances. I think otherwise a couple of months down the line you will want a new bike again.
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • curto80
    By the way Rose have a UK rep based in Somerset who is fantastic and will sort out any problems without having to send the bike back to Germany.
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • Octan
    Octan Posts: 11
    Thanks for the help... I'm definitely looking more at the Boardman bikes now.

However, with that discount thing, I'm a bit confused. In store it says "A further 10% off all Road Bikes" but then I called up and they said that I can only use 1 discount out of the British Cycling Membership discount or the one in-shop.

If I could use 2, which I still believe I can (calling Customer Services now), then I'd get the Boardman Team Carbon Pro for £1053 hopefully...

Edit: Just called up Halfords' Customer Services and they confirmed that I can in fact use 2 discounts. Hooray! Time to go and get my new bike :D I think it's a pretty good deal at just over a grand tbh...
  • curto80
    Good stuff, glad you've managed to make a call. Get it as quickly as possible and get out there! Still loads of long summer days left to play with :-)
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen