Saddle fore-aft limits

steadyrollingman
steadyrollingman Posts: 90
edited July 2014 in Workshop
Sorry for the noob question, especially when I've been cycling for 30+ years... But my bike came with a USE1 seat post and Selle Italia SLR saddle, which doesn't appear to offer much scope for fore-aft adjustment according to the limit marks. Do those marks actually apply just to the bottom of the rail clamp or could I get away with setting the limits to the top part of the clamp, which would offer plenty of flexibility?
Job: Job, n,. A frustratingly long period of time separating two shorter than usual training rides

Comments

• topdude
    topdude Posts: 1,557
    I would say you could probably take the lower clamp up to 1cm past the marks without any problem.
    Maybe more if you are fairly light weight :wink:
    He is not the messiah, he is a very naughty boy !!
  • I like the first part of what you say - sadly the second bit isn't applicable :oops:

I've been thinking of getting a carbon seat post actually, but by the looks of it, anything with a setback could leave me with my knees way too far back if that size clamp is fairly standard...
    Job: Job, n,. A frustratingly long period of time separating two shorter than usual training rides