Thursday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited July 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

The training ended yesterday. I learnt a few new things, mainly that of the 3 guys from the IT department there, only one of them is more competent at Macs than me (and that's because he knows more about coding than me).

Today, back to the grindstone. Need to wire up some preamps and compressors. I've not done soldering for a while, so I'm quite looking forward to it.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    morning

did you have more cheese sandwiches TKM? :)

working from home today with the aim of not doing a 14+ hr day - somehow think I might still fail :(

Later if the finishing on time works I might take the older rug rat on his first club ride.

laters
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

bike is in the car and the only decision I have to make is FoD, Cwmcarn or local loop after work.

only 7 hours to go of work meh..

laters
  • contented
    contented Posts: 83
    It's a day just like any other for me, the 'stay at home dad'. Drop the kids off at school, listen to a few mums moaning about their husbands then back home for a tidy up, watch a Colombo, maybe have a nap, pop out for a ride or walk dog then watch a film, then pick up kids again.
    Unexciting, but soothing.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    matthew h wrote:
    did you have more cheese sandwiches TKM? :)
    Yup. Basically, they were cheese sandwiches with different toppings. Bacon (the best), pesto or chutney. I had a couple, but I really don't like cheese.
    I actually feel a little ill today, I wonder if this is why...
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Contented wrote:
    It's a day just like any other for me, the 'stay at home dad'. Drop the kids off at school, listen to a few mums moaning about their husbands then back home for a tidy up, watch a Colombo, maybe have a nap, pop out for a ride or walk dog then watch a film, then pick up kids again.

any pictures of these moaning mothers?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Good moaning,
    Lovely day out there, I've got my traditional Thursday mild hangover.
    One of my colleagues spotted this on the Bay. Do you think I could fit it to my bike?
    Might take an extended ride home tonight as I've done absolutely no training for the Ride London thing. I'm sure a couple of laps of Richmond Park will be more than enough preparation.
    Until then I shall fortify myself with tea and biscuits.
  • contented
    matthew h wrote:
    Contented wrote:

any pictures of these moaning mothers?

Not yet, working on it by agreeing with them that their husbands dont understand / appreciate / listen to them. Aiming for a drunken selfie or two over email. No harm in it, it just adds a bit of interest to the day - enjoying myself greatly!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Morning perverts.

Stonking hot here already and I'm stuck inside all day :roll:

10th wedding anniversary today so I'll be going out later for some spicy Thai action, might also take the missus out for dinner as well :lol:

Anyway onwards to tea and loafing :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • contented
    arran77 wrote:

10th wedding anniversary today so I'll be going out later for some spicy Thai action, might also take the missus out for dinner as well :lol:

Heh, that made me chuckle :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,555
    Evening Mongs,

Mad day at office and metting with boss resulted in very long 'to do' list, but to make up for it I'm out for beer and curry with a mate tonight. Roll on 6.30...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evening gits,

soz i'm a bit late but i've been doing nowt, my red coloured display type aircraft repair is going south rapidly due to a massive dose of cba on several fronts.

Just watching some roadie shyte on eurosport and some ex girls aloud bint is doing some warbling, mrs 13 remarked that she is 'some bloody size'. She blimmin is but i'd still give her a shot at the title! Ho hum!

Fryday tomoz so it's all good!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er