Plant growth - what the ...?

Peddle Up!
Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
edited July 2014 in The cake stop
I've been helping a mate keep on top of weed growth on some waste land. In previous years it's been pretty manageable with a scythe and some weed killer, but this year the plants are HUGUE! :shock:

What's happening? Extra carbon dioxide in the atmosphere? Higher rainfall? Warmer weather? All of these?

Are the triffids coming...? :)
Purveyor of "up" :)

Comments

• RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    It was not vapor. It was a cloud of seeds, floating, so infinitely light they were, even in the rarefied air. Millions of gossamer-slung triffid seeds, free now to drift wherever the winds of the world should take them. It might be weeks, perhaps months, before they would sink to Earth at last, many of them thousands of miles from their starting place.
    That is, I repeat, conjecture. But I cannot see a more probable way in which that plant, intended to be kept secret, could come, quite suddenly, to be found in almost every part of the world.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    http://www.hightimes.com/read/key-points-harvest-time

Very informative reading when it comes to weed cultivation :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    It takes 3 seasons to get rid of weeds by constant weeding.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Why don't you strim regularly - then the grass will take over?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Warmer nights.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike