Tire and Disc Brake.

Mazorux
Mazorux Posts: 3
edited July 2014 in MTB general
I bought a "Jump" Bike of a friend which he built and had been sat so the when I inflated the tire the inner tube had a leak and the tire had a tear. I want some semi slicks and have some picked out only problems is they are a 26 x 2.10 and the ones that are on it are 26 x 2.30 would they fit okay or could the come off? Also what about inner tubes how much should I spend? There is also another problem I think the brake is out of line or something is not straight because if I break hard then the brake pulls the wheel and the tire rubs on the frame, what should I do? :roll: :roll:

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Narrower tyres will be fine on the same rim. 2.1" is a bit skinny for dirt jumping though.
    Try loosening the brake caliper bolts, squeeze the brake lever and hold it while you carefully re-tighten the bolts. That should realign the caliper to the disc.
    All tubes are pretty similar, I just buy cheap ones. Yours has probably got a small puncture and could probably be patched.
  • Mazorux
    Mazorux Posts: 3
    Well they are semi slick that I would use getting to work, thing I have aligned it now will not be able to tell until I can ride it. Well inner tubes are £3 so would be just as cheap as a repair kit.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    A repair kit should do you several repairs. I never throw out a tube unless it has a damaged valve.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Repair it!

I hope work isn't too far on a jump bike!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.