Replacement bolts for Rear Shock

steelo
steelo Posts: 542
edited July 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

Where is the best place to purchase replacement bolts to mount my rear shock? I have a 2009 Trek Fuel EX8 with a Fox RP2 XV rear shock. The head of the lower mounting bolt is beginning to round out to the point where if I do anything else with it I'd like it to be a complete removal and re-fitting of a new bolt. I don't want to risk tightening it up again (as it works loose periodically) in case I round it out completely. A torx bit fits in very well at the moment but a Hex head is almost useless.

Thanks all.
Specialized Rockhopper '07
Trek Fuel EX8 '09

Comments

• CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    TFTuned or Mojo.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Or a shop that sells bolts.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • CitizenLee
    That means measuring it's length and knowing the tread type, and then finding a local shop that sells suitable bolts. That's already more effort than picking up the phone and calling TFT to say you need a bolt for whatever shock. Don't even need to leave the house. I dunno about Steelo but there's only B&Q that sells bolts in my town, unless you want more than 100 of them.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • steelo
    steelo Posts: 542
    I don't want to take the bolt out until I have the correct replacement. I'll give TFT a call!

Thanks.
    Specialized Rockhopper '07
    Trek Fuel EX8 '09
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    True - I normally buy stuff online as I hate interacting with people.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • CitizenLee
    cooldad wrote:
    True - I normally buy stuff online as I hate interacting with people.

Haha, horrible isn't it! Death to the high street!

Hope you get it sorted Steelo ;)
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous: