Whyte customer service

wizian
wizian Posts: 3
edited July 2014 in MTB buying advice
Wanted to share my experience of Whyte customer service following an issue with my Whyte M109s. The issue was a stress crack in the upper left swinging arm next to the rear brake hanger - shouldn't happen, especially to a bike less than a year old.

Anyway a quick email and photo to JEJames in the morning and this was agreed and sorted out by lunchtime - no arguments. Part will be with LBS within 2 days and bike is booked in for earliest workshop slot available.

I was told the new part is slightly beefier in the failure area, as they have had a few go. So if you have an M109 it might worth giving the rear triangle a once over, especially if you do high mileage and or comps - mines an 8 month old 2013 model and done over 1000 miles, mostly off road.

I've read a few posts which worried me about the response I would get, but I can't fault JEJames or ATB. Great customer service and the LBS said they are now 1 of the best manufacturers / distributors they deal with.

Would I swap the bike now I have had a problem with it? True it takes the shine off a little bit, but this bike flies. I've been impressed and it's improved my confidence, times, desire and enjoyment - you can't ask much more than that.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    These things happen - it is how they sort it. And they have been on the ball here!
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    supersonic wrote:
    These things happen - it is how they sort it. And they have been on the ball here!

That.

Well done to all concerned.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Saw that it was a new user and was expecting a big whinge.
    I'll admit that I was pleasantly suprised.

It's good to hear some good news stories (even if it did happen because of a broken bike).
    More importantly, it's good to read that the manufacturer offers great customer service.

(unless he works for them :wink: )
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • jimbo33x
    jimbo33x Posts: 16
    +1 for this. I had a few issues with the performance of my brakes on my 29cs and the contact i had at ATB couldn`t have helped more, on that matter and advice on other changes i was making to improve the bike for racing.

Thoroughly recommended. :D
  • wizian
    wizian Posts: 3

(unless he works for them :wink: )

If I worked for them and highlighted a broken bike I don't think I'd be in a job for long. Just a case of credit where credit is due. As you say, a lot of people only whinge. :wink: