Watching the TDF In Sheffield

Joeblack
Joeblack Posts: 829
edited July 2014 in Pro race
Hi guys
M&m ever been to watch a tour before but want to take my littleun to Sheffield to watch the race,

Any suggestions as to the best way? We'd like to watch them pass in a couple
Of places and the finish if possible.

He's a bit of signature collector so is that something that we could so at the end?

We won't be cycling so I'll need to drive up from notts and park somewhere

Advice on where to go and what to do also timings would be great!!

Thanks all
One plays football, tennis or golf, one does not play at cycling

Comments

• FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Because of the number of people expected you can forget seeing more than one spot. It's less enjoyable anyway, you'd just be rushing around rather than soaking up the atmosphere. Better to pick a location and settle there. There are 4 spots around Sheffield with big screen, things going on and presumably facilities. In High Bradfield ther's an event called Steel Sage, you can book car park tickets. Oughtibridge and the Finish have official 'fan hubs'. Jenkin Road has a community organised event with big screen. Obviously only the finish would be any good for autograph hunting, but not sure how feasible that is; it seems they're more protected from the public than normally in France. Your best bet for autographs could be the team hotels around Leeds the next few days, to be honest. Lots of info here http://letour.yorkshire.com/
  • Joeblack
    Joeblack Posts: 829
    Many thanks for that reply, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

I think we'll just go to the finish line in Sheffield, seems the most appropriate all things considered.

Thanks again.
    One plays football, tennis or golf, one does not play at cycling