Hump of the Week Thread

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited July 2014 in The bottom bracket
Morning.

Finally made it, Wednesday at last, the guts are drying up and it's going to be the hottest day of the year so far 8)

Nothing much to report here apart from a minor bollocking for not being in work yesterday, I'm sure productivity really suffered :lol:

Tonight will involve a bit of a run and then a chilli, I'm preparing my guts for tomorrow as it's our wedding anniversary and as is customary in our house we'll be going out to the local Thai restaurant for some spicy Thai food, in for a penny and all that :lol:
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    work is lots of negative fun.

Later is probably study - can't wait
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Removing bits of isetta in preparation for respray, really scary removing parts that are 58 years old and have never been taken off before and are no longer available :shock:

Happy anniversary Arran! :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Happy Wednesday people,
    Lovely day out there, I can just about see it from my desk. Pleasant ride in, lots f people out so had to take it easy due to the sheer number of dog walkers, kids, other cyclists. But, who cares if the sun is shining?
    Should be a fairly average day at work followed by the traditional Wednesday night pub. Would be a perfect night for a pub wobble but one of our number has just had surgery on his back so can't ride yet. So just the local and might have a few of their new hairless pork scratchings.
    t47 take pictures as you go so you know how to put it back together. If a screw is seized don't force it.
    I thought Arran's anniversary is tomorrow.
  • arran77
    team47b wrote:
    Happy anniversary Arran! :D

My bad wording T47 :lol:

Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary when we'll be going out to the Thai restaurant, after the last few days arris antics I will prepare my guts for this by eating chilli tonight :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • arran77
    Veronese68 wrote:

It is, my poor use of the English language confused T47 :lol:

seanoconn
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    team47b wrote:
    really scary removing parts that are 58 years old and have never been taken off before and are no longer available :shock:

That's how I feel about the risk on a long fast descent :(
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    ;-)
  • arran77
    Mikey23 wrote:
    ;-)

The title wasn't a question :P

seanoconn
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Really busy day, picked up a whole watermelon from the fruit and veg man, was told it was seedless, was it feck. Off to spinning after work followed by a swim and curry.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,361
    Whilst you are at the Thai restaurant Arran, ask the feckers why they need Rhino horn to get stiffies?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

It is, my poor use of the English language confused T47 :lol:

I wasn't confused, your use of English was fine, it's just that I am busy tomorrow :D

Happy anniversary for tomorrow Arran! Better?
  • pinno
    Happy 50th wedding anniversary Arran.

Have you broken the news that you may not have a job at the end of the week and the Thai meal might be just some prawn crackers with essence of frog fart?
  • team47b
    Veronese68 wrote:
    t47 take pictures as you go so you know how to put it back together. If a screw is seized don't force it.

Good advice.

The parts have been soaking in wd40 for a couple of days and have mostly come off without a hitch, the rear light retaining clips are not going to survive dismantling, but I can make two new ones out of some steel sheet if they crumble, I will find out tomorrow.

I have taken lots of photos, mainly of wiring, I have a good wiring diagram but photos are easier to understand :D
  • arran77
    team47b wrote:

I wasn't confused, your use of English was fine, it's just that I am busy tomorrow :D

Much better :mrgreen:

Have you broken the news that you may not have a job at the end of the week and the Thai meal might be just some prawn crackers with essence of frog fart?

I don't think even T47 and his good lady have notched up such a mile stone you cheeky fecker :P

As for your concern about my employment, worry not my entrepreneurial friend, these little 'discussions' are how we role at our place, all is hunky dory and I won't be knocking on the door of the tin can gulag any time soon :wink:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    arran77 wrote:
    team47b wrote:

I don't think even T47 and his good lady have notched up such a mile stone you cheeky fecker :P

As for your concern about my employment, worry not my entrepreneurial friend, these little 'discussions' are how we role at our place, all is hunky dory and I won't be knocking on the door of the tin can gulag any time soon :wink:

Roll/role ?!? You failed the interview for the tin can gulag on June 18th 2012.
  • arran77
    arran77 wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Roll/role ?!? You failed the interview for the tin can gulag on June 18th 2012.

Bloody auto correct :oops:

This place was the conciliation prize? :shock:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    We have a vacancy in the oil shed for a cleaner. Speaking of which, where's that tw@t Stevo?
  • arran77
    We have a vacancy in the oil shed for a cleaner. Speaking of which, where's that tw@t Stevo?

vvv :wink:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,544
    There's an echo in here...

Busy day saving tax, then a bit of Panzer fettling as there's no footy tonight. May do some more internet searching for pics of Chilean TV reporters shortly :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    arran77 wrote:
    team47b wrote:

29 :D
  • florerider
    Time I won something - 34 for me Mrs FR :D
  • pinno
    florerider wrote:

I will never ever underestimate the rehabilitation powers of riding a bicycle.
  • florerider
    some of us just have staying power :wink::wink:
  • Stevo_666
    florerider wrote:

I will never ever underestimate the rehabilitation powers of riding the office bicycle.
    FTFY.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    florerider wrote:

I will never ever underestimate the rehabilitation powers of riding the office bicycle.
    FTFY.

What's her number?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    florerider wrote:

FTFY.

What's her number?
    Get yer own, I'm not stirring your porridge.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    florerider wrote:

FTFY.

What's her number?
    Get yer own, I'm not stirring your porridge.

Oh come on, play fair - I have a van which could be useful to you.
    Ah see - Now you're interested.
  • Stevo_666
    Aha - got a bike trailer? I think not...
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

if you are referring to that bit of German scaffolding, I also have a skip for metal waste.
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:

if you are referring to that bit of German scaffolding, I also have a skip for metal waste.

The irony of referring to mountain bikes as scaffolding is that lots of road bikes now have pretty chunky tubing on them too :wink:

seanoconn