Bike setup

GAZAMAN77 Posts: 44
edited July 2014 in MTB general
Hi all,
I've just got back into biking after about a year out of the saddle and i'm struggling with my bike setup. I've put a few pounds on recently and want to get back into the swing of things to try and get fit again.
I'm 6'2" and ride a Giant Talon 2.5 and 80% of the time use the bike to commute with the remaining 20% on the trails at the weekend. Nothing any more extreme than the red at sherwood (although I rode the never to be rode again Ladybower classic :twisted: ).
What i find is,if I set my seat to the correct height to avoid to much thigh burn, I then get lower back pain due to the lean over.
I'm wondereing if a shorter stem would help? I'm not 100% but I think my current stem is 70mm!?
Any suggestions folks?