2014 Trek Remedy Bolts

Dawesy92
Dawesy92 Posts: 606
edited July 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Right i know this is a long shot, but while out on a ride this evening, heard a very strange noise, thought it was from the drivetrain, turns out futher up the trail it was, it was the lower pivot/rocker bolt, pictures below...

one of these....

20140701_205735.jpg

It came out on the ride, and now the other side looks like this..

20140701_205744.jpg

Anyone got any idea on where i can get them or a replacement other than direct from Trek?

Could really do with one asap!!

Thanks for any help!! :D

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    A Trek dealer.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Dawesy92
    Ive emailed Trek Directly, just waiting for a reply, just wondered if it was possible to get them from the internet anywhere..
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Trek probably won't deal with you - they wholesale stuff to Trek dealers.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You could try ebay or similar for someone splitting a mangled frame, but otherwise Trek dealer.

Also a good time to learn about preventative maintenance, things like checking bolts are tight before a ride perhaps.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Dawesy92
    I will do in future yes, but with the bike being less than a month old, you wouldnt be expecting a bolt for the rocker too be working loose like that that quick, as ive only done about 50miles or so of offraod riding!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You could try for a warranty replacement then, but you should be checking them every ride regardless, if not get good dental insurance ready for the rebuild!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    I see you saw my reply on your other thread but just to let you know it wasn't stock part from jejamescycles.co.uk, so I'd give them a call or email first to save yourself a 30 mile round trip.

Go onto the Trek site and get the part number then call them.

this is what I needed...

?ui=2&ik=fc38c19c7c&view=att&th=144cfbcd20f0393f&attid=0.1&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • Dawesy92
    Ive spoke to Je james, and also Leisure Lakes bikes, gonna also ring the shop i got the bike from tomorrow as they wernt open today to get in touch with, so hoping to get a warrenty replacement!!

Do you really need to check bolts like that for everyride? seems excessive, surely they should not come loose that easy!!
  • felix.london
    New stuff has a habit of working loose. Always good to check before (and after) first few rides but yeah just a general check before each ride is good practice for sure. I'll normally give my cranks, pedals, brake callipers, suspension a quick feel either before I set out or normally at the top of the mountain

Trek Session 8
  • Dawesy92
    Right so as some of you may have been on my bike thread i still havent got the bolts that ive ordered, got the nuts but ive got a bolt with a nakard threads and ones sheard off, and me being me i got impatient and bored of waiting so i made some free time at work and began making them as i work on a Lathe anyway....

So for those of you who dont know this is what i have been waiting for, one of these...

20140717_171114.jpg

20140717_171059.jpg

I found some bits of titainium that where never going to be used so i made these...

20140717_171127.jpg

20140717_171122.jpg

As far as i can tell the fit lovely, and work just fine, rode to work on them yesterday and everything seems fine! Was ment to go to pines today but the shitty weather and my other parts not coming today i shall probably go tuesday night after work.

If anyone need anything making let me know and i will see what i can do..... Fair price ofcourse :P
  • felix.london
    Good work! Yeah a 2-piece 104BCD Ti bash like this please to cover a 28t chainring.

p4pb11158250.jpg

Trek Session 8
  • Dawesy92
    Haha, my friend if i could i would.. not a chance though... sorry.