Best deal for a DA 9070 Di2 Shifter set?

bernithebiker
bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
edited July 2014 in Road buying advice
Been scanning the net, but haven't found a cracking deal yet for a Dura Ace Di2 shifter set, i.e. shifters, both derailleurs, and all the wires, controls, battery etc.

Best seems to be £1300 with Merlin...? Any other ideas?

Comments

• Haven't seen anything but most places will do some kind of TDF discount voucher in the next few days
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    Ribble when they have stock are ofthen cheaper.

When they have stock! otherwise Merlin does seem good value.
  • Few are stocking this item as a complete upgrade kit now. Merlin is one of the few. Others incl Euro Bike Parts also but a higher prices. Not sure what condition your other components are in but you also might consider going with a complete Ultegra 6870 Di2 groupset for the same price as the DA 9070 Di2 upgrade kit or the 6870 Di2 upgrade kit for roughly half the price from Bike24, Bike Discount others. There's little other than a hardly noticeable weight difference between the DA and Ultegra Di2 sets and of course the name.

I follow pricing on popular groupsets and all around wheelsets from 35+ online stores on my site.
  • Not sure what condition your other components are in but you also might consider going with a complete Ultegra 6870 Di2 groupset for the same price as the DA 9070 Di2 upgrade kit or the 6870 Di2 upgrade kit for roughly half the price from Bike24, Bike Discount others. There's little other than a hardly noticeable weight difference between the DA and Ultegra Di2 sets and of course the name.

Seriously, stop posting absolute garbage
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Shop around and buy the parts separately. I got great deals on all the parts that way.
  • Not sure what condition your other components are in but you also might consider going with a complete Ultegra 6870 Di2 groupset for the same price as the DA 9070 Di2 upgrade kit or the 6870 Di2 upgrade kit for roughly half the price from Bike24, Bike Discount others. There's little other than a hardly noticeable weight difference between the DA and Ultegra Di2 sets and of course the name.

Sir - Care to tell me what you don't care for in my post? I'm trying to answer this gentleman's question with shop names, prices and options. Not sure what value you are adding with your response. If you have a point you disagree with, happy to have a respectful exchange.
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    Not sure what condition your other components are in but you also might consider going with a complete Ultegra 6870 Di2 groupset for the same price as the DA 9070 Di2 upgrade kit or the 6870 Di2 upgrade kit for roughly half the price from Bike24, Bike Discount others. There's little other than a hardly noticeable weight difference between the DA and Ultegra Di2 sets and of course the name.

Sir - Care to tell me what you don't care for in my post? I'm trying to answer this gentleman's question with shop names, prices and options. Not sure what value you are adding with your response. If you have a point you disagree with, happy to have a respectful exchange.

He asked where he can get Dura Ace Di2. You came no where near answering that question.
  • intheknowcycling.com
    edited July 2014
    Actually, if you care to read Bernie's question again, you'll see I answered it directly. He asked where to get the best deal on a "Dura Ace Di2 shifter set, i.e. shifters, both derailleurs, and all the wires, controls, battery etc." This is known as an 9070 Di2 Gear Kit. The price he quoted at Merlin confirmed that this is what he is looking for.(http://www.merlincycles.com/shimano-dur ... 63268.html) I told him that was the best price I was aware of from the stores I follow and gave him the name of another store selling it in case he doesn't care to shop at Merlin.

And since he was looking for a deal and open to "other ideas", I also suggested he consider the lower priced, nearly identically performing Ultegra option or get a complete, nearly identically performing Ultegra Di2 groupset (including the chainset and brakes plus all the shifters, derailleurs and electronics) at the same price as the gear kit he was considering in case his other components were wearing.

Have a good day sir.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Nerds are great :)

Is this for the new build Bernie? What is it by the way?
  • lawrences
    Put Sora on it that changes gears too.

If you buy Di2 parts separately where do you get the Software from?
  • bernithebiker
    mfin wrote:
    Nerds are great :)

Is this for the new build Bernie? What is it by the way?

For the new SL5, which I put on 'Your Bikes'.

But it's looking like I may go with my current DA9000.
  • bernithebiker
    lawrences wrote:
    Put Sora on it that changes gears too.

I was thinking of one of those crossbar 3 speed levers like you used to get on Choppers....
  • lawrences
    As long as there is a good mechanical grinding every time it shifts.
  • Have you considered sturmey archer?
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,851
    Have you considered sturmey archer?

Is he that fat 1970s darts professional?
  • Pokerface
    lawrences wrote:

What software?
  • lawrences
    Pokerface wrote:
    lawrences wrote:

What software?

I'm no di2 genius but one of the parts must have some software installed on it so it knows what to do with the signals.
  • Pokerface
    lawrences wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    lawrences wrote:

What software?

I'm no di2 genius but one of the parts must have some software installed on it so it knows what to do with the signals.

I AM a Di2 genius. No 'software' needed. It's all programmed into the parts already. It's basically plug and play. You CAN buy a nifty hardware tool that will allow you to reprogram shifters and such to modify certain things, but 99% of people just use the standard settings.

I've built up 6 or 7 bikes with Di2 and most of them were built with parts I found separately.
  • lawrences
    Pokerface wrote:
    lawrences wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    lawrences wrote:

What software?

I AM a Di2 genius. No 'software' needed. It's all programmed into the parts already. It's basically plug and play. You CAN buy a nifty hardware tool that will allow you to reprogram shifters and such to modify certain things, but 99% of people just use the standard settings.

I've built up 6 or 7 bikes with Di2 and most of them were built with parts I found separately.

Awesome that's what I wanted to know, thank you. I love the idea of being able to throw on clip on bars and have shifters on them. Now all I need is a budget :D

EDIT:(sorry for the topic change)
  • Pokerface
    lawrences wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    lawrences wrote:

Awesome that's what I wanted to know, thank you. I love the idea of being able to throw on clip on bars and have shifters on them. Now all I need is a budget :D

EDIT:(sorry for the topic change)

Just need the right junction box to accommodate that I believe. The 5-port jobbie would do.