Can't access the site from mobile devices

gazman428
gazman428 Posts: 111
everytime I try to either log in or view a post it loops me back to the bike radar home page.

I was still logged in on the latop so I don't know if tis is the case on my laptop too. I have not been abe to access the forum for weeks

Comments

• gazman428
    still no joy. It is a forum issue as they work fine everywhere else
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Try logging out when you're on the home page, then logging back in again.

The login system is currently being reworked but it will take some weeks to complete.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • gazman428
    thanks Jeff
  • Maxxypriest
    Maxxypriest Posts: 231
    Same here - just spent ages in a loop but somehow managed to get logged in - no idea what I did so will probably need some more luck next time

Using android with ice cream
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    can't log in with either iPhone or android, the login pop-up doesn't appear
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    matthew h wrote:

Same here, as far as I'm concerned, BikeRadar is now strictly a desktop site for me.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    dodgy wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Same here, as far as I'm concerned, BikeRadar is now strictly a desktop site for me.

Got it working now...... top left hand corner there is a pull down and you can get in from there
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    matthew h wrote:
    dodgy wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Got it working now...... top left hand corner there is a pull down and you can get in from there

Tried that, when I enter my password it says I've made too many attempts (despite only entering once and the iste working fine on my PC) and I must used a 'captcha'. Of course, this being BikeRadar, the captcha never appears and I give up and go elsewhere.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Pull down does nothing (I assume it's the three-lines "menu" icon in the top left we're talking about). If I hold it down to force "open in new tab", it just opens the home page and we're still where we started.

Very frustrating and annoying, been like this for weeks if not months now.

Galaxy Note 2, Android 4.1.2, Chrome Beta 38.0 (stable release is just the same though)
  • Ive worked out a way to do it. I found in my history a page where ive looked at 'view new posts' now when ever I visit that page it logs me in automatically and shows me the newest posts.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    dodgy wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    dodgy wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Tried that, when I enter my password it says I've made too many attempts (despite only entering once and the iste working fine on my PC) and I must used a 'captcha'. Of course, this being BikeRadar, the captcha never appears and I give up and go elsewhere.

Same for me, it was working then decided i needed to login again now i keep getting the same message re captcha but no captcha image, if i cant use my mobile then i'm pretty much unable to contribute to this forum anymore.

that might be a good thing ..
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    itboffin wrote:
    dodgy wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    dodgy wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Same for me, it was working then decided i needed to login again now i keep getting the same message re captcha but no captcha image, if i cant use my mobile then i'm pretty much unable to contribute to this forum anymore.

that might be a good thing ..

Same for me but with my desktop at work - no means to log in. It's impressive just how many devices BR no longer functions properly with - it can't have been easy to achieve this!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so what happens when you press one of the new Posts links?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Same issue for me on iphone. Says my login failed too many times and have to enter a captcha which doesn't appear! My login never failed at all, I just opened chrome and it had logged me out then wouldn't let me back in as above.

**SOLVED ** Logout on the desktop from the forum, then log in again using the link on the forum page. Complete the captcha. Didn't work when I logged in direct from the homepage. ****
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    nicklouse wrote:
    so what happens when you press one of the new Posts links?

In my case, I just get this:

BRlogin_zps4e24de23.png

Until a couple of weeks ago, I could find the login by clicking in the space in between Brads bike and Recommended this week - I could see the top and bottom of the boxes sticking out from behind the big panel. Now that is missing and if I click the incomplete login link top right of Urban I just end up back with the above again.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,923
    And I've been unable to log on on the phone for weeks too, getting the same Cycling Weekly cover page. Annoying. HTC Desire running an oldish version of Android.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    just tried on my phone.

it is rather cryptic but to the left of the Bikeradar "head" there are three horizontal lines. press them they go vertical and the login page appears.

mad.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,923
    nicklouse wrote:
    it is rather cryptic but to the left of the Bikeradar "head" there are three horizontal lines. press them they go vertical and the login page appears.
    Thanks. Have tried that, and though they light up like they link to something useful, nothing happens then.