X-Factor the TdF Edition

above_the_cows
above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
edited July 2014 in Pro race
So for this game you have to pick a Tour team based on popularity/entertainment value/sponsorship opportunity/media savvy/photogenicness etc. Just like the X-Factor, actual talent or ability to do the job have no place here.

So my team looks like this...

Team leader: Bradley Wiggins for being at least one nation's favourite pair of sideburns, his raffle drawing skills and all round media savvy.

Super-saint domestique: David Millar for being a living sinner to saint, coming from a little highly religious island in the Mediterranean, via Hong Kong where there is a lot of money and having questionable yet apparently fashionable hair cuts.

Chief bottle carrier: Pippo Pozatto because only god can judge him and he's mastered the new universal language of emoji.

The Harry Styles one: Lil' Pete Kennaugh for his rosy cheeks and good hair, obviously.

The necessary spiritual one/one for minority hair colours/Americans: Tyler Farrar the Pugilist Strawberry Blonde Buddhist.

The one for fans of ancient Scandinavian sagas/all that oil money: Thor Hushovd.

The one with a name that sounds like a motorcycle and thus a bit 'bad'/the one for the fans that get up and watch at 3 o'clock in the morning: Matt Harley Goss

The one who has a name that sounds like he was born to ride a bike/stand in Harry Styles: Ben Swift

The one for the Flemish and lovers of beans/potential sponsorship from plastic surgeons specializing in ear-pinning: Tom Boonen
Correlation is not causation.

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    You'd have to have Jens Voigt.

Bernie Eisel for the ladies.

Adam Hansen seems to get a fair bit of attention.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • above_the_cows
    I though Jens was on the Trek team? That's why I didn't pick him.
  • RichN95.
    edited July 2014
    Sorry I didn't realise it was a rejects team.
  • DL1987
    DL1987 Posts: 204
    Maybe we could find a place for the "Hipster/Fashionista" one: Taylor Phinney
  • above_the_cows
    RichN95 wrote:
    Sorry I misread it. Didn't realise it was a rejects team.

It's not a rejects team. You can pick whoever you like, I just made my team one of rejects.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Cav

The Fat One
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    Froome

The one who gets caught up in a minor drugs scandal
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • above_the_cows
    Cav

The Fat One
    Froome

The one who gets caught up in a minor drugs scandal

You could have cross over TV with these. A sort of You are What you Eat/Fat Camp with Cav and a My Time in the Priory for coffee addiction with Froome.
  • tailwindhome
    David Walsh

The 'Louis Walsh'
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Contador, the camp one that everybody knows is undeniably gay but is only allowed to come out when the proper money has been made.
  • above_the_cows
    David Walsh

The 'Louis Walsh'

OK so who's Simon Cowell?
    mfin wrote:
    Contador, the camp one that everybody knows is undeniably gay but is only allowed to come out when the proper money has been made.

xx
  • RichN95.
    Voeckler - the one all the mums keep voting for
    Voigt - the ageing novelty act
    Bretegne Seche - the group that gets voted off in the first week
    Wiggins - the one that drops out because it's damaging his reputation as a credible artist
    Christophe Bassons - the one who got bullied at school
    Andy Schleck - the one that keeps getting voted back in every week but no-one can work out why.
    Roman Kreuziger - the one that got booted off for breaking the rules.
  • above_the_cows
    RichN95 wrote:
    Voeckler - the one all the mums keep voting for
    Voigt - the ageing novelty act
    Bretegne Seche - the group that gets voted off in the first week
    Wiggins - the one that drops out because it's damaging his reputation as a credible artist
    Christophe Bassons - the one who got bullied at school
    Andy Schleck - the one that keeps getting voted back in every week but no-one can work out why.
    Roman Kreuziger - the one that got booted off for breaking the rules.

Good list.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    The Yates twins - Jedward

Edit - thinking about it Phinney could be the missing triplet that would have spawned novelty trio Jedwardtay
  • above_the_cows
    Pross wrote:
    The Yates twins - Jedward

Edit - thinking about it Phinney could be the missing triplet that would have spawned novelty trio Jedwardtay

It's the hair with Phinney isn't it?
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    David Walsh

The 'Louis Walsh'

Someone with a huge ego who likes to hog the limelight more than his stable of stars I give you:

Oleg Tinkov
  • above_the_cows
    mr_poll wrote:
    David Walsh

The 'Louis Walsh'

Someone with a huge ego who likes to hog the limelight more than his stable of stars I give you:

Oleg Tinkov

Oh yes. Uncle Oleg would be perfect.