DA 9000 and Red 22

stueys
stueys Posts: 1,332
edited July 2014 in Road buying advice
After some thoughts on Red or DA. Have always ridden Shim but recently tried a bike with Red 22 and got on better with double tap than I expected, I quite liked the quick shifting.

Trying to now decide between DA or Red on a new build and swaying Red's way. The only question mark I have is I've read a lot of reviews praising the power/modulation of the DA brakes. Has anyone ridden both and got a comparison point?

Thanks

Comments

• DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    In my experience, brake pads will make more of a difference than the calipers. Especially once you are comparing good brakes with good brakes.
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    Been on DA9000 for almost a year now - I think it's an excellent groupset, the shifting is sublime.

And the 9000 brakes are a big improvement in power over the 7900's I had before. (and a few grams lighter!)
  • gloomyandy
    gloomyandy Posts: 520
    Have both 10 speed red and fixed 10 speed Force/Red (Force brakes). Shifting is pretty slick, both seem to be more than able to lock up the wheels if you try (with swiss stop pads). Never used high end shimano so can't really comment on that. Hardly ever have to touch the setup on my Sram bikes once set up. Probably comes down to which one you like the feel of most as much as anything.
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    Thanks guys. Decided on DA, tried the hoods and like the feel. No other reason but that seems to make sense!