Can't get my cleats back far enough...

gregwari
gregwari Posts: 230
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
I'm currently using Look Keo's but I can't get the cleats back far enough on the shoe. The pedal axles sitting over the front of the ball on my foot, not sure if it's the MTBer in me but I'd like the cleat further back (i.e. over the back of the ball on my foot)....

Are Keo's fairly standard in terms of cleat movement? Any recommendations for pedals / cleat combo's to solve the above?

Ta

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    The axle should sit across the ball of your foot. Are your shoes the right size? I think they're more likely to be the problem
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    Hi, used look pedals on previous bike, no problems at all. Recently bought new bike and for some reason my right pedal / cleat position I just cannot get right at all. Left foot feels great, right foot doesn't feel like the pedal is over my shoe correctly. I've even been to bike fit place specifically for this issue but despite a few changes it's still not right. It's to the point now where I've faffed around so much the bike feels different every time but I just can't get it in a position that feels comfortable. After 10 miles or so I get used to where ever it is (still doesn't feel great) but it's a real annoyance. Apologies for high jacking thread but interested to know what suggestions are as I've tried pretty much every position on the cleats but it still feels like I'm stretching my foot, almost pushing the pedal forward. I've event lowered my seat a few mm to see if that helps but it didn't. Very frustrating.
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Hi, used look pedals on previous bike, no problems at all. Recently bought new bike and for some reason my right pedal / cleat position I just cannot get right at all. Left foot feels great, right foot doesn't feel like the pedal is over my shoe correctly. I've even been to bike fit place specifically for this issue but despite a few changes it's still not right. It's to the point now where I've faffed around so much the bike feels different every time but I just can't get it in a position that feels comfortable. After 10 miles or so I get used to where ever it is (still doesn't feel great) but it's a real annoyance. Apologies for high jacking thread but interested to know what suggestions are as I've tried pretty much every position on the cleats but it still feels like I'm stretching my foot, almost pushing the pedal forward. I've event lowered my seat a few mm to see if that helps but it didn't. Very frustrating.

What do you mean by "stretching your foot" and "pedal over my shoe" ?
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    "Stretching foot" - its like the underside of my foot is flexing a little as I push down, as I say almost like I am pushing the pedals around rather than standing on them.

Pedal over shoe - When I press down with my left foot its like the pedal is underneath my foot, where it should be. The right hand side, sometimes it feel like the outer edge of my foot isn't support and its my toes doing the pressing down.

As I say I have tried all sorts of positions and I've even had some footbeds but still the problem persists.