2 tyred

sutbags
sutbags Posts: 45
edited June 2014 in Road general
Hello, I am riding up to the Lakes for a few days and I'm wondering which would be the best tyre choice. My wheels are 32 spoke open pro rims and I will be carrying about 10kg on the back in panniers. I have 25mm wire bead gators on at the moment but I am thinking of changing them for 23mm folding rubino pros which I have on my other bike.The last time I went I had 23mm gators on at 115 psi and the back felt a bit stodgy.If I put the rubinos on I can pump them up to 130psi without going over the limit. Is it best to go with wider or more psi? :?

Comments

• andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    I put 35 c ribmos on for touring. About 80 psi front 90 -95 rear.
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    How heavy are you? 10kg is not a tremendous additional load.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • sutbags
    11 stone
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    If I were you I'd go for 25 or 28c tyres and keep them at a pressure you can achieve with the pump you'll be taking with you. If you get a puncture you'll be doing very well to get 23c tyres back up to 130psi without a floor pump. At your weight you can probably get away with the 25s.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • sutbags
    The pump I'm taking is good for 100psi and I usually have the 25s at 90 to 100 so to be on the safe side I think I will leave them on. I have only had one puncture in the last two years but you never know. Thanks