Glastonbury Festival

rockmonkeysc
rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
edited June 2014 in The Crudcatcher
If anyone is watching the festival on the bbc I'm pretty close to the site and the sky does not look like it does on tv. It's a definite grey rather than the beautiful golden colour on tv.
I expect honesty from the bbc.

Comments

• bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    a strongly worded letter to the daily mail should have the powers that be at the beeb royally sh1tting themselves!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • rockmonkeysc
    ***kin right. The mail will get it sorted.
    Impressive set from Elbow though.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,422
    Tuneless bucket of drivel. Actually that gives drivel a bad name. Can't believe the number of so called 'stars' who can't actually hold a note and sing live. Talentless bus load of pretenders. Bah!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• rockmonkeysc
    It doesn't take a great singer to make great music.
    Hendrix, Lennon, Cobain, Trent Reznor, Josh Homme and Robert Plant were all average singers at best but made some of the grestest music
  • photonic69
    Yeah. Just kidding ;-) Had my Victor Meldrew head on for a while there. Just think my f'cked up arm is getting me down. Not been on my bike for 8 weeks until today on a turbo trainer and it made me realise how unfit and so far from mended my body is since my crash.

Can't beat a bit if live music really. But that's just it. Live music is best live. You gotta be there to enjoy it.
    Fireworks look good though.

• photonic69
    It doesn't take a great singer to make great music.
    Hendrix, Lennon, Cobain, Trent Reznor, Josh Homme and Robert Plant were all average singers at best but made some of the grestest music

Also they were surrounded by THE best musicians in their bands at that time and they made THE best music of the time. They also had real talent to back them up. Can't say I think many songs by Elbow (much as I like them and tuneless as he maybe be live) will be remembered in 40 years in the same way as "All along the watchtower", "Dazed and Confused" or more recently, "(Smells like) Teen Spirit" as music milestones.

• bikes`n`guns
    bikes`n`guns Posts: 959
    Cept maye "one day like this"

Rudimental were on fire though
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    And Debbie Harry looks rougher than a dog that's run into the back of a car.

I went onto Google images to show the kids how she used to look, we were rather surprised by the naked picture :)
  • photonic69
    matthew h wrote:

I went onto Google images to show the kids how she used to look, we were rather surprised by the naked picture :)

To be fair she is 68! And she's lived a hard life of drugs and rock n roll. I hope the naked pics were not recent!

• rockmonkeysc
    Arcade Fire were pretty amazing.
    It's a shame the bbc don't show some of the other things going on late at night. Arcadia and Block9 are just amazing.
    I can't wait to get in there tomorrow, planning on seeing Subways, White Lies, Black Keys and Anti Flag.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    PhotoNic69 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

To be fair she is 68! And she's lived a hard life of drugs and rock n roll. I hope the naked pics were not recent!
    Had a conversation about Debbie Harry at work yesterday, I was saying how back then nobody compared to her. They gave me a pitiful look and asked how old I was. :cry:
  • photonic69
    Arcade Fire were pretty amazing.

-I concur.

• rockmonkeysc
    Holy crap. Royal Blood were just awesome, I think they might get huge. How do just two of them make such great sounding, high energy rock music? Impressive.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Holy crap. Royal Blood were just awesome, I think they might get huge. How do just two of them make such great sounding, high energy rock music? Impressive.

Royal blood are awesome. I've been into them for a while now. And yes, I also couldn't believe there's only 2 of them!
  • photonic69
    The Pixies! Always amazing and brilliant live.

• rockmonkeysc
    Pixies were fantastic, I'm a bit of a fan so I was looking forward to them. Frank Black doesn't really like festivals but they looked like they enjoyed it.
    I went to the festival yesterday (locals Sunday ticket) it's an amazing place, it is really like another planet! Subways and White Lies were really good but Anti Flag really tore up the Leftfield, they had the festivals first ever circle pit, Billy Bragg joined them on guitar.
    The Glastonbury landing party was a great end to the festival. Giant mechanical spider with fire, explosions, lasers and a big light show.
    Back to reality with a hangover now.