Giro AEON Road Bike Helmet

bikessmidd
bikessmidd Posts: 18
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
Whats peoples thoughts on this helmet, does it look like the real deal?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cycling-Giro- ... 27e626516c

The price is very cheap for the helmet, so not sure whether to trust whats being sold!

Comments

• TheHound
    TheHound Posts: 284
    Bought one from there a month ago.

Genuine item and delivery was fine.
    Bianchi Intenso Athena
    Handbuilt Wheels by dcrwheels.co.uk
    Fizik Cyrano R3 Handlebars
    Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow saddle
    Deda Superleggero seatpost
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    Where do they get them from I wonder? they are normally £190.00.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Well they have announced the new synthe helmet so they'll be running stock down I guess.
  • vanleapo
    vanleapo Posts: 150
    I bought one off Ebay a few weeks back, from a seller in Singapore for £69
    It certainly looks and feels genuine, but it was manufactured in 2012. So I guess it's new old stock.

Definitely wouldn't pay £190 for any helmet.
    Tearfund Tour of Scotland 26th May to 1st June 2013
    http://www.justgiving.com/phil-godley
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I looked into helmets recently including the Aeon, just far too expensive and the straps & pads felt and looked a bit cheap for such an expensive helmet. Ended up getting a Kask Mojito, and very pleased with it.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I have one - it's incredibly light - stunningly so and incredibly comfortable (on my head). My only, minor, gripe is that it's difficult to find a spot to poke my shades where they'll stay put.

I bought mine a year ago from one of the big on-line retailers at about the same price as this - it was so cheap I couldn't resist it.

BTW - I'd be surprised if the Mojito and the Aeon fit the same heads - tried a Mojito a while back and it was a terrible fit for me.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    I have one - they do suffer a bit from the mushroom syndrome look however, they are remarkably light and well ventilated - certainly the most comfortable helmet I have tried.

Peter
  • bikessmidd
    bikessmidd Posts: 18
    Cheers Gents, seems like it's the right helmet to buy.
    I too wouldn't pay £180-190 for a helmet, the only question is, is it the real thing for the money and lets be honest £90 for a top of the range helmet is a little cheap!
    I have ordered it and will have a closer look when it arrives so hopefully not a fake.
  • vanleapo
    vanleapo Posts: 150
    I forgot to mention, I was riding in Cyprus with it last week and it performed superbly.
    My head was about the only thing that wasn't feeling the heat.
    I was riding in temperatures up to 37 degs and didn't think about my head temperature the whole time.
    Tearfund Tour of Scotland 26th May to 1st June 2013
    http://www.justgiving.com/phil-godley