Comfortable but fast all rounder

dazz_ni45
dazz_ni45 Posts: 468
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi all

I currently ride a Kuota Kebel which I love however I had an accident at the end of last summer which has given me lower back problems and my riding has also changed from fast club runs to longer solo/sportive rides of around 100 miles with reasonable climbing.

As much as I love the kuota it is race geometry, is very stiff and I think it is time to change to something that suits what I now do better. I would however still like something that wouldn't look out of place in a club race and that will climb well. Budget is around £2,000 - £2,500 or a bit more for the right bike and I although not essential, I would prefer to buy somewhere with interest free credit.

I am struggling to look past the Cannondale Synapse Carbon (in Ultegra guise) as based in the reviews I have read it ticks the above boxes.

I have also considered the Specz Roubaix, my first bike having been an allez but I'm not sure I would be getting value for money compared to the synapse and it doesn't seem to review as well.

Are there any other other bikes or deals out there at the moment I should be considering?

Another option I thought about would be to keep the kuota for the faster shorter rides, sell my winter bike (carbon Beone) and buy a Ti bike, something like a Genesis Equilibrium that would serve as both a winter bike and longer summer rides but given that the Ti bike is going to in excess of £2k, I'm not sure if this is a sensible option given it will be a winter bike too.

All thoughts very welcome

Comments

• Spudboy
    Spudboy Posts: 101
    How about the Bianchi Infinito CV? A little over budget as a full bike but perhaps just get the frameset and transfer over compenents from the Kuota?
  • dazz_ni45
    dazz_ni45 Posts: 468
    Thanks. I had looked at the Bianchi as they are one of the bikes aesthetically I love but I was sure where they would be comfortable
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    Most people would recommend the Cannondale Synapse
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • vortice
    vortice Posts: 244
    BMC Granfondo GF01.
  • Father Faff
    Father Faff Posts: 1,176
    Spudboy wrote:
    How about the Bianchi Infinito CV? A little over budget as a full bike but perhaps just get the frameset and transfer over compenents from the Kuota?

Lovely bike, bought one a month or so back and it goes fast, stiff in the right places but super smooth ride. Perfect all rounder for British roads - see the review in this months Cycling Plus...
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Scott CR1