Upgrading my 2012 Van Nic Zephyr di2

janesy
janesy Posts: 148
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi,

could anyone tell me what the easiest and CHEAPEST way of buying a Ultegra 6870 di2 groupset?
I don't need the chain set or bottom bracket. I'm going to use my Dura ace 9000 and hope BB.

The frame isn't di2 compatible but I'm sure i can bodge it.

thanks for any advice!
Ritchey Road Logic - Focus Izalco Chrono Max 1.0 TT

Comments

• janwal
    janwal Posts: 489
    Merlin do a kit, that has what you need.
    http://www.merlincycles.com/shimano-ult ... 59913.html
  • janwal
    janwal Posts: 489
    Oop's sorry Janesy, just noticed that that is for 6700, 10 speed.
  • janesy
    janesy Posts: 148
    Thanks janwal, I did look at that and yes that would be the cheapest was of achieving di2.

the question is, is it worth spending more for 11 speed, is that the only difference?
    Ritchey Road Logic - Focus Izalco Chrono Max 1.0 TT
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    janesy wrote:
    Thanks janwal, I did look at that and yes that would be the cheapest was of achieving di2.

the question is, is it worth spending more for 11 speed, is that the only difference?

I'm pretty sure the only difference to 11-speed is the RD. All other bits of Di2 (except for the original Dura Ace version) are compatible. You could probably buy the 11-speed RD and sell the 10-speed one without too much additional expense. It maybe the cheapest route to 11-speed. I don't know how different the rest of the 11-speed Di2 components are (lighter? Better looking?) though but I'm pretty sure everything is compatible.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH