Fred Whitton entry

ajoten
ajoten Posts: 321
I believe it's all done by ballot, but preference is given to first timers. Do first timers outnumber places? I know people do it more than once, so either they pay the £250 to guarantee a place or all first timers get in as they don't account for all places.

Did any of you enter the ballot for your first time and not get in?
Андрю
Alu is real.

Comments

• Ankles50
    Ankles50 Posts: 53
    You can actually ride the exact course anytime of year, gpx files available and they will time you too, unless you really want to ride it as the sportive

http://www.fredwhittonchallenge.co.uk/the-route/
  • ajoten
    ajoten Posts: 321
    I do want to do the sportive really, as it's a clear "goal" if you will (and I need one). You could go out and run 26.wtvr miles any day of the year but it doesn't make it a "proper" marathon...

That notwithstanding, I wonder if the lack of replies indicates the odds of successfully entering are quite good!
    Андрю
    Alu is real.
  • iron_duke
    iron_duke Posts: 117
    Didn't get in on my first attempt but did on the second.

I think (does not make me correct) that they have a certain number of spots for first time entrants which gives you better odds of getting a place than compared to a repeat offender ;-)

A great day out which I really enjoyed and also gave some motivation to get out the door/onto the turbo to log the winter miles.