Vicenza Bike Hire

EgasaC
EgasaC Posts: 11
edited July 2014 in Tour & expedition
Looking to hire a road bike in Vicenza for a few days. Would anyone know of a reputable place, online perhaps, to pre-book?

Comments

• andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    I've put together a directory and google map of bike hire places in Italy:

Renting a bike in Italy
  • EgasaC
    Thanks Andy.
    I actually came across a place, Calegaro Bike Service, where I was able to hire a bike for 3 days for 45 euros.
    Alternatively, I was being offered (for 4 days mind) a service where a bike would be delivered to you accomodation (and collected at the end of the hire). The cost here would have been 340 euros.
    Gulp.
    Anyway, I'm away off up Monte Grappa on my perfectly adequate Dave Hinde bike from Calegaro - and the sun is shining. Happy days.
  • andymiller
    Hi thanks for that - I'll add them to the list.

Out of curiosity was the 340 euros price from Veloce in Mira? (Having a bike delivered can be an expensive option if there's just one of you).
  • EgasaC
    It was Veloce Andy.
    I could understand a premium for delivering and collecting the bike, but 55 euros per day for the bike ( compared with the 15 I paid) was just not realistic.
    Maybe hiring bikes in bulk would be the way to go with Veloce.
  • andymiller
    EgasaC wrote:
    It was Veloce Andy.
    I could understand a premium for delivering and collecting the bike, but 55 euros per day for the bike ( compared with the 15 I paid) was just not realistic.
    Maybe hiring bikes in bulk would be the way to go with Veloce.

The hire market does seem to divide between the people who hire for short-term hires by the day and people who are geared up to hire by the week or longer - the latter tend to have higher daily rates for short hire with the price falling for longer hires.

Thanks for the reply. I hope you had a good time on Monte Grappa.