Anyone in SW interested trip via ferrata and a trail in Lake

King Nuts
King Nuts Posts: 47
edited July 2014 in MTB rides
Old git thinking of a trip to Via Ferrata (see 'www.honister.com) and a trail in lake district.
May be doable in 2 days but poss 3. I can supply transport (room for 1 and bike), share costs.
I'm in N Devon and could only do on a mon/tues/wed. Top up your adrenaline!!
"I"m over the hill so I"m not over the hill" !

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Are you a climber? If you are the Via Ferrata is a bit rubbish compared to proper Italian ones. If you don't climb it should be a great experience.
    Unfortunately I already have my lakes pass booked for September.
  • King Nuts
    I'm very tempted to a couple of different holidays i've seen in Dolomites, but unsure of my capabilities, so thought the Honister one would be a good intro/trial. I havn't done any 'real' climbing but i like scrambling and heights.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Honister via ferrata is very beginner friendly. If you enjoy it you should reall go to the dolomites, some of the via ferrata routes there are crazy. They take you up some incredibly exposed faces. The Dolomite big wall climbs are even more mind blowing but with a much greater chance of death and guaranteed terror beyond your worst nightmare!
  • King Nuts
    Yes, that's the idea. I've found a holiday company in Dolomites for mtb and vf - as much of each as you like, so i just need that 'trial run'.
    Is your pass a day pass for honister, or do you need a pass for some mtb trails? It probably will be Sept/Oct for me now.I don't want to go in school hols unless whoever i go with to share the experience has to.