Womens Hybrid

Nemo9090Capt
Nemo9090Capt Posts: 2
edited June 2014 in Commuting general
Hi All,

I am new to the website and I hope someone can help, I will apologise in advance for the waffle so bear with me. I am just about to become the proud owner of a Boardman Hybrid Pro, on researching the purchase and with the news to my partner that I will be doing more on road than off road riding, she has expressed a wish to join me in my outdoor pursuits for a change :shock:. Now just to explain we went down this route a good few years ago and it all went south because she couldn't cope with all the gears and gear changing e.t.c. My question is, is there a decent women specific Hybrid bike out there with Alfine or equivalent gears (I believe you can get up to an 11 speed hub) I'm really keen for this next exercise to be as painless and as stress free as possible for both of us and don't want her to be put off by anything again.

Cheers.

Comments

• Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Before you commit to anything you should find out if its it the gear combinations she doesn't like or is it the gear changing mechanism/levers or is it maintenance?
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The boardman isn't the best Hybrid to consider if you intend going off road much!

As above, to understand how to make it easier we need to understand the problem, 1x10 with a normal derailleur would be an option, or a hub gear.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.