Accreditation for Derby Track

joeweston3
joeweston3 Posts: 40
edited January 2015 in Track
Anybody got any idea how the derby track accreditation is going to work, with them reckoning a league will start basically as soon as the track is open, how do people reckon they'll get people accredited to ride the league? I know there's a while before this is relevant and there will probably be a plan, but I was just wondering!

Comments

• jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    joeweston3 wrote:
    Anybody got any idea how the derby track accreditation is going to work, with them reckoning a league will start basically as soon as the track is open, how do people reckon they'll get people accredited to ride the league? I know there's a while before this is relevant and there will probably be a plan, but I was just wondering!
    I guess they'll use the new unified accreditation system across all velodromes?
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    JSCL wrote:
    joeweston3 wrote:
    I guess they'll use the new unified accreditation system across all velodromes?
    That's right.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • Does anyone know the likely opening date for the Derby velodrome?
  • owen21
    owen21 Posts: 23
    3rd january i think
  • poppit
    Won't be 3rd Jan, early 2015 is the official line.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • Any insider update on this?
  • poppit
    Nothing official yet, I think it'll be end of Feb or beginning of March.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • johnmiosh
    johnmiosh Posts: 211
    Anything on accreditation?

I understand that the intention was that those with BC accreditation would be able to attend SQTs at all indoor velodromes without needing to take another accreditation course. Lee Valley has announced that BC accreditation only bypasses 3 out of 4 of their sessions.
  • poppit
    Not sure where that is at the moment, I'll check next week and post something. For getting accredited I think it's a 4 stage process @ £65.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • johnmiosh
    johnmiosh Posts: 211
    But for those that have already have accreditation from Manchester?
  • I cannot be alone in thinking that Derby have not managed the roll-out of the cycling side of the 'Arena's' business in a very timely manner. The building was built by B&K to schedule and the track has been rideable for MONTHS. The first large scale public function was held this week (Derby Uni graduation) yet there is no firm dates on cycling launch. In November we were told the building would be open in December for visitors, did not happen. The 'early 2015' opening is being reported on local radio as March or April. There is massive Twitter and FB marketing (exessive) of the gym side of things, but again no firm dates. Impressive project but a shame that Derby have been unable to commence a return on their investment before now.
  • poppit
    delstron wrote:
    I cannot be alone in thinking that Derby have not managed the roll-out of the cycling side of the 'Arena's' business in a very timely manner. The building was built by B&K to schedule and the track has been rideable for MONTHS. The first large scale public function was held this week (Derby Uni graduation) yet there is no firm dates on cycling launch. In November we were told the building would be open in December for visitors, did not happen. The 'early 2015' opening is being reported on local radio as March or April. There is massive Twitter and FB marketing (exessive) of the gym side of things, but again no firm dates. Impressive project but a shame that Derby have been unable to commence a return on their investment before now.
    Yes, frustrating isn't it. B&K actually handed it over 2 months early. I suppose everyone has got to be patient.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • poppit
    It looks like if you've been accredited at another velodrome you'll have to provide proof and then do an observed session similar to a taster session, if you pass you'll be good to go.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • dave35
    dave35 Posts: 1,124
    poppit wrote:
    It looks like if you've been accredited at another velodrome you'll have to provide proof and then do an observed session similar to a taster session, if you pass you'll be good to go.

And I suppose people will be happy to do that, but still have a pop at london when they ask the same thing :roll: