Turdsday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited June 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Finally bought my season ticket last night. Well, almost. I left work early, went home and got the paperword, then got stuck because of an accident on the M62. Luckily motorbikes are at the advantage here, so I got through it. The club was just closing up, so they couldn't take my payment, but they have my details and they'll do it first thing this morning 8) a minute later and I'd have missed it!

Today, more moving out of the office at work. It's taking over a lot of other things I'd rather (not) be doing. Then back over to Bury for a meeting tonight. Fun.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Today will be full of hope and dreams but unfortunately probably end with dissapointment - but enough about the football.

Work will be the same, just without the hopes and dreams
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' window lickers

Yesterday, I rediscovered why they called the company 'Hope'. If you have one of their seat clamps (or other cam-action device), it's only wishfull intention that holds your saddle up. That and your rear light bracket.

Today I shall be slaving away trying to get a customer report finished, before they start getting antsy that it's a tad late. At just over 300 pages, it is three times bigger than they were expecting. They can live with it being a week overdue (hey, and it was there scope creep). After this, I shall be shopping for an alternative seat clamp!

In the meantime, there shall be coffee!

Onwards! To literary masterpeices! And caffiene!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Morning Crudders......
    2 days down, 2 days to go, back to the UK on Saturday, managed one bike ride since my illness so hopefully going to get a couple more gentle rides this weekend and start commuting next week.......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Morning dingleberries,
    Feeling a tad hungover today, maybe I should drink more. Son pulled a hamstring yesterday at rugby training, trying to stop him from overdoing it today is proving somewhat difficult. Bloody teenagers thinking they know everything, I was never like that.
    Clank, try a Thompson clamp. I suffered a slipping shaft on my Kinesis, snapped a clamp bolt trying to stop it. Changed the clamp and now I have no slippage of my shaft and I don't need to clamp it very tightly at all.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Hola bellsniffs!

Standard day of taking a step forward rapidly followed by several steps in the opposite direction!

Anyone got Gts mums take on the shaft, clamp, slippage problem?

Footy on't telly in a bit with the volume turned down and radio 5 with the volume up!

Anyhoo, onwards to random football based tourettes!

Tarra!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Work done, so just need to get home, pack car with bike gear, watch footy, go to sleep then up early tomorrow for a blat down the M4 to Cwmcarn. Hope watching England doesn't put me in a bad mood!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Oh Marone
    Oh Marone Posts: 261
    Es casi el fin de semana :D

As a warm up to tonights match, here is "Diego" giving his views on the England squad
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2014/diego-maradona-gives-verdict-wayne-3710234
  • rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    im sure you will all be glad to know.............. I'm back...... (cue shouts of were you gone? who the fark are you etc)

moved house and got interwebs back on so can keep up with the japery.....

laters....
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike