BB30 Pressfit - Ultegra Crankset

Purlow
Purlow Posts: 3
edited June 2014 in Workshop
I am looking to upgrade my groupset to Ultegra 6800 and need some help with Bottom Brackets please!

My bike currently utilises a BB30 Press Fit Bottom Bracket, does anyone have any experience with the adapters which enable compatibility with shimano hollowtech?

Can anyone recommend the exact type I would need - currently lost!

Purlow

Comments

• 47p2
    47p2 Posts: 329
    Praxis Works BB convertor
  • mitchgixer6
    mitchgixer6 Posts: 729
    I did have the Praxis on my bike but it clicked from first installation. Once I swapped it out for the standard BB30 bearings and the Wheels Mfg adaptors the click disappeared.

To be fair after contacting Praxis about this they sent me a new one free of charge, but I was a little disappointed with the noises it was making. I did my research and it's definitely meant to be one of the best solutions for this application with many happy users.
  • Barbarossa
    Barbarossa Posts: 248
    Buy the groupset then sell the chainset and BB on ebay.
  • Purlow
    Purlow Posts: 3
    Thanks for the responses!
  • Proz
    Proz Posts: 136
    I found the Praxis was perfect for me and easy to install. I use Ultegra 6700. 1000 miles later and no problems what so ever.
    The Wheels Manufacturing adapters clicked and groaned from very early on ... they were installed by my LBS but now I've trained myself to do my own work then ill know its done the way it should be.
    Boardman AiRPro C
    Boardman FS Team 650b