27.2 dropper post

divingmoose
divingmoose Posts: 540
edited June 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys,
Does anyone have a thompson dropper post and if so what are your thoughts. I am looking at getting the 27.2mm version that's out late June. There is the ks lev out but it's internal routed so would require a lot of adapting so thinking the thompson as it's normal routed so less hassle. Just thinking what people's thoughts are on reliability etc.
Cheers

Comments

• bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    If you're after a dropper with external routing, I've just purchased an X-Fusion HiLo in 27.2. No probs yet in 50miles.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I got a cheap Tmars one from ebay - its serviceable but not by any means perfect but only cost 80 quid. If you have the money spend more for sure!

The HiLo was on my radar as were other 27.2mm KS droppers - Thomson are bringing out a 27.2mm I believe later this year.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    The 27.2mm version of the KS Lev is not internally routed. It has the actuator at the collar so has a fixed cable run. It is rather nice in it's action but only has 100mm of travel. The Thomson one, which the first drop of is about 2 weeks away, has more travel, 125mm but has the actuator at the head of the post. Reliability wise, I've only seen a couple of the Lev posts, so it would be more difficult for me to answer, but based on the previous KS posts they should be sound. I have seen several X fusion posts and they seem to be sound too