The Largest Number of Strava Cups in One Ride

meanredspider
meanredspider Posts: 12,337
edited June 2014 in Commuting chat
Just for fun because it's a total nonsense, but what's the most Strava "cups" ( the little icon and a number on your ride summary in the feed) you've racked up in one ride?

In AD6 I scored 180 (said in a darts scoring way)

Obviously the Alpe has a zillion, mostly repeated, segments that I rode over lots of times in the same ride.
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

Comments

• roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    80 around swinley which seems to be vying for Richmond Park for number of short duplicate segments.
  • dyrlac
    dyrlac Posts: 751
    223 (!) for a ride that included my first 3 lap challenge of Richmond Park, was only about 50km in total.
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    There are more pointless segments in Richmond Park than you can shake a stick at - it's ridiculous.

Meanredspider - I assume this means you made it up the Alpe the 6 times as you planned? Chapeau if so!
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    marcusjb wrote:

Meanredspider - I assume this means you made it up the Alpe the 6 times as you planned? Chapeau if so!

I did! There's a write up on here (on the raffle thread) if you're interested. Thanks so much!
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    marcusjb wrote:

I did! There's a write up on here (on the raffle thread) if you're interested. Thanks so much!

He sulked the entire way....

(got the hump... geddit????)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • vimfuego
    vimfuego Posts: 1,783
    Do a fast ride up Box Hill and you'll get about 3,000..... :lol:
    CS7
    Surrey Hills
    What's a Zwift?
  • jspash
    jspash Posts: 107
    marcusjb wrote:
    There are more pointless segments in Richmond Park than you can shake a stick at - it's ridiculous

I agree. Did this just the other day. (I dont go south of the river much)
    Jgfv1rb.png
  • Does not count, you measured it in miles.
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • jspash
    jspash Posts: 107
    Does not count, you measured it in miles.

the ride in miles? yes. that's just a side effect of growing up across the pond.

but the cups, those were measured in good olde proper English...um numbers?
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Marriane Vos in the womens tour of britian seems to have hoovered up hundreds of QOMs
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Or even marianne vos...
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    jspash wrote:
    marcusjb wrote:
    There are more pointless segments in Richmond Park than you can shake a stick at - it's ridiculous

I agree. Did this just the other day. (I dont go south of the river much)

Hotdammit (to make you feel at home) and there was me pleased with my 140+ cups the other day
    FCN = 4
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Easy one to do, find a 100 mile route through some busy area, make sure you've never done any of the roads before. Ride it slowly. Next ride out ride it at your proper pace, there you go PR medals for every segment.
  • MisterMuncher
    MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
    I hit 15 1st Place "Cups" on a 4 mile commute.

Don't leave the computer logged in where someone might find it amusing to change your gender would be the lesson there.
  • warreng
    warreng Posts: 535
    You lot are stupidly quick. I got 67th out 3,078 and then 255th out of 10,000-odd and last night and was so excited I forgot to uncleat when I got home and fell on the driveway
    2015 Cervelo S3
    2016 Santa Cruz 5010
    2016 Genesis Croix de Fer
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    I managed to get 19 consecutive PRs on my ride on Saturday, which I was chuffed with, combination of putting in some effort and a breeze blowing from the North.