Back To The Future

Akirasho
Akirasho Posts: 1,892
edited June 2014 in The cake stop
... cuz there was a DeLorean convention in town last weekend...

Moto-Car-DeLorean-IMAG0066_zps4e3f6ce3.jpg

Moto-Car-DeLorean-IMAG0070_zps23f27abb.jpg

Moto-Car-DeLorean-IMAG0080_zps8bb52c57.jpg

Moto-Car-DeLorean-IMAG0086_zpse36126c8.jpg

Moto-Car-Ecto1-IMAG0081_zps376e984a.jpg

... cue Huey Lewis

Comments

• simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    How many of them actually drove to the convention rather than being towed there?

Love the Limo version but boy that was a truly shite car
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • Akirasho
    simonhead wrote:
    How many of them actually drove to the convention rather than being towed there?

Love the Limo version but boy that was a truly shite car

... these were your typical stoopid passionate car enthusiasts. Very few were hauled (and those that were were often show ready (as in super polished, buffed, pampered, cleaned, mirrored...))

Moto-Car-DeLorean-IMAG0128_zpsca13b3c6.jpg

Moto-Car-DelLorean-IMAG0113_zpsac5a1a7e.jpg

Moto-Car-DeLorean-IMAG0100P_zps9afc73bd.jpg

More than a couple of old Doc Brown's conversions.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    A painted De Lorean is a strong sign of accident damage, very hard to repair a bare body properly.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    I've imported a number of them for clients and have driven one.

Absolute pile of crap if you ask me, no room, poor engine response, poor visibility, I can see why they failed.
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    They were fine once you sorted out the flux capacitor, then they really flew.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    The reason they failed had nothing to with the engine response, visibility or even the lack of room. Allegedly it was because of the ridicule and shocking treatment the owners received when they pulled up at open fronted restaurants.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Velonutter wrote:
    I've imported a number of them for clients and have driven one.

Absolute pile of crap if you ask me, no room, poor engine response, poor visibility, I can see why they failed.
    One of my customers in Holland had one he took in part ex for a while. Am I right in saying it's effectively a Renault 30 engine and box mounted in the back?
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Great Scott!

(Well someone had to say it! Back to the Future is quite possibly one of the best films ever made. Back to the Future III is up there too. Back to the Future II doesn't feature)
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    They were fine once you sorted out the flux capacitor, then they really flew.

Well, only when you hit 88mph... :wink:
  • tuneskyline
    tuneskyline Posts: 370
    I saw the train from BTTF 3 at universal. They used to have a BTTF ride. It was very good you got eaten by a t rex and then thrown up. True.
  • Akirasho
    Veronese68 wrote:
    A painted De Lorean is a strong sign of accident damage, very hard to repair a bare body properly.

... incidentally, there were seminars ongoing showing how to repair body damage... without need of paint. Didn't stay long enuff to tell if it was mostly cosmetic or structural as well...

I've got an old BBQ pit made from "scrap" stainless from AMERICA'S MOST AWESOME AIR FORCE that's been exposed to the weather for at least 30 years... still looks pretty good.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    I read somewhere that the brushed stainless steel finish may have looked maintenance free, but it was a nightmare to keep it looking even. The CEO going up the steps for drug dealing may not have helped matters, either.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    I saw the train from BTTF 3 at universal. They used to have a BTTF ride. It was very good you got eaten by a t rex and then thrown up. True.

I rode that. I knew it wasn't real, and yet... :shock: :shock:
    Purveyor of "up" :)