Wiggle problems

menthel
menthel Posts: 2,484
edited November 2014 in Road buying advice
I have had an order go awry- they state that it was dispatched on the 8th but tracking states that RM never received. I have not been able to get a peep out of wiggle by email, FB or twitter. Anyone else having any communication issues with them?
RIP commute...
Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,173
    i blame wiggle!
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • menthel
    sungod wrote:
    i blame wiggle!

Don't we all... ;)
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,173
    maybe the number here works...

http://investing.businessweek.com/resea ... d=45315686

02392 314 811
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • menthel
    Finally got their attention on Facebook- hopefully I can get this sorted now!
    RIP commute...
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,642
    I had a query regarding some wheels which i received from them. E-mailed in the evening of delivery, received first reply the following afternoon, exchanged 3 mails in the following 10 minutes and was very happy.
  • menthel
    Gethinceri wrote:
    I had a query regarding some wheels which i received from them. E-mailed in the evening of delivery, received first reply the following afternoon, exchanged 3 mails in the following 10 minutes and was very happy.

Was this recently, ie over the last week?
    RIP commute...
  • I sent back an item recently that I had for 363 days, kerching, money back in account today.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • menthel
    Order is being redispatched. Hopefully that will sort it!
    RIP commute...
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    My order arrived from UKMail, i didn't realise they wern't using RM anymore.
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,642
    menthel wrote:
    Gethinceri wrote:

Was this recently, ie over the last week?

Yes.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Miles253 wrote:
    My order arrived from UKMail, i didn't realise they wern't using RM anymore.

RM had my latest order which arrived on Saturday. I got back from shopping just as the postie was filling out the red card. Showed him my debit card as proof of ID and he was happy to hand the parcel over.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Them not using RM is a pain. Used to be if I was out I went to the sorting office around the corner, problem solved. Now I have to wait for redelivery.
  • Father Faff
    Father Faff Posts: 1,176
    I thought they now delivered to local shops etc so you can pick up there? Or is that someone else?
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Scott CR1
  • menthel
    Still waiting...
    RIP commute...
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    I thought they now delivered to local shops etc so you can pick up there? Or is that someone else?

Collect+, and yes they do. You can do returns that way too. Doesn't work for next day delivery, I think they quote 2-3 days.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    Them not using RM is a pain. Used to be if I was out I went to the sorting office around the corner, problem solved. Now I have to wait for redelivery.
    I've ordered 2 lots in the last couple of weeks (one arrived on Tuesday). Both arrived via RM?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • menthel
    Finally arrived yesterday. Items all good, including the great castelli cycling top for my son. However, it really should not have been that painful!
    RIP commute...
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    I'm a bit confused about Wiggles total inability to sort out its delivery service.

Last month I ordered a part form Wiggle around 16:00 using quote " NEXT DAY delivery" unquote. Wiggle were happy to take the extra amount out of my bank account then told me that orders after 3 pm do not get posted. What do they do between 3pm and 5pm? I still have to work after 3pm. Basically Wiggle do not post straight away on a night.

Then with my latest order, I used the free regular postage rather than next day delivery. Wiggle are now saying they're unable to make any amendments not long after the order has been submitted.

Now when I look at my emails. The order was placed around 18:27. Then I asked for the order to be amended at 19:34 (same item, same price, but from the road version to the MTB version).

So what have Wiggle actually done between 18:27 and 19:34 that stopped them from amending the order? Because Wiggle don't even post NEXT DAY delivery items out that fast never mind the free regular postage.

In fact 2 days later I still haven't received an email to confirm the item has been dispatched.

Am I being unreasonable here to think if you do not post the item out in an hour why cant you swap the part over, before it's dispatched?
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • Regarding contact, i have found their live chat service very useful in the past. i have never called them due to previous stories on this site and i know emails can take a while.
    i had a wiggle delivery yesterday via RM so im not sure why they use multiple delivery companies?
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    ben@31 wrote:
    Last month I ordered a part form Wiggle around 16:00 using quote " NEXT DAY delivery" unquote. Wiggle were happy to take the extra amount out of my bank account then told me that orders after 3 pm do not get posted. What do they do between 3pm and 5pm? I still have to work after 3pm. Basically Wiggle do not post straight away on a night.
    So at 1659 - just before the courier comes in to pickup the goods they're supposed to process your order, get it picked, packed and despatched ...
    It's quite common to have a cutoff on when orders can be placed for next day delivery - they will probably even have a priority on it so more regular customers may get theirs next day on a later cutoff ..
    ben@31 wrote:
    Am I being unreasonable here to think if you do not post the item out in an hour why cant you swap the part over, before it's dispatched?
    Depends if its gone to picking - if it's already in the process of being picked then it can be quite a job to undo that whole process - it really does just depend on their warehouse process - well, that and the importance they place on the particular customer.
  • ben@31 wrote:
    I'm a bit confused about Wiggles total inability to sort out its delivery service.

But it is next day. You've missed the order cut off point. They haven't taken your money. You've given it.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    sungod wrote:
    maybe the number here works...

http://investing.businessweek.com/resea ... d=45315686

02392 314 811
    Thanks for that now I can call them if I have any issue with anything as I have in the past
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap