My new summer ride:

De Rosa - King RS Action - Azzurro Lumina 2014

Carbon frame and forks, seat post and stem
Campag athena carbon 11 speed
Campag Zonda wheels with Conti grand prix
3T bars
Bottle cage (still to be finalised)
Romin Pro Evo saddle

Literally had the bike less than a week but so far incredibly fast, true, light, Beautiful and surprisingly comfortable!

BTW : i noticed that the front QR was on the wrong way round as soon as I had taken pics - this has obviously been changed for the road.

I am also selling my De Rosa - planet in classifieds if anyone is interested.
Sunny Days - De Rosa - King RS Action Azzurro lumina
Rain - Winter - Wilier - xp izoard "petacchi"
Classic - 1999 De Rosa - Planet - Aluminio

Comments

• is that a factory paint job or one you have done?....looks awesome, but personally, the blue seatpost and collar are too much...a black collar and post would look better IMHO......love a De Rosa though :D
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    I love the matching seatpost and stem. Maybe a black collar would make it look even better.
  • sy1975
    sy1975 Posts: 95
    is that a factory paint job or one you have done?....looks awesome, but personally, the blue seatpost and collar are too much...a black collar and post would look better IMHO......love a De Rosa though :D

Thanks - no these were ltd edition factory paint jobs. I contacted over 30 De Rosa stockists in uk and europe and only one shop (the excellent pedal pushers in grantham) had one. So although factory a pretty rare colourway.

I do appreciate your comments re stem and post and thats what I thought when I saw the bike on the de rosa website, but must admit in the flesh it really works. However if I start messing with the post I think I may have to change to a black carbon post as the paint may scuff.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    very nice :D:D
  • Gorgeous. Congratulations.
  • gmb
    gmb Posts: 456
    That is a thing of rare beauty. Congrats!

Although the blue seat post looks good I think black would be even better.
    Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
    http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Sound bike and frame but the seatpost, seatpost clamp and stem need swapping because the matching colour all looks a bit DIY.
    I don't know why it doesn't work because there wouldn't be an issue with a black or a white frame but it just doesn't seem right with a coloured frame.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Yep - that's a beauty!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • sy1975
    many thanks for the kind words - I do appreciate the comments and although I can see where some are coming from on the seat post - stem colours, Im going to keep as is. I like the bike because it looks so individual - we can all buy top end frames in great colours but they come with off the shelve stems and posts that don't really compliment the bikes and are actually seen on many other brands. I think this stands out because it does look a bit DIY (although luckily not by me!!)
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Keep the stem and post! It looks tops :D
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    This is very cool indeed, stem and all :wink:

I'm quite partial to the green version of this they do 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • sy1975
    arran77 wrote:
    This is very cool indeed, stem and all :wink:

I'm quite partial to the green version of this they do 8)

Thanks - I agree the green also looked amazing. They also did a pink! However I suspect that these are also now very hard to find as De Rosa have stopped making this frame and working on 2015 models.

However in my search for this frame I did contact De Rosa direct and they came back to me, the language was a bit of a problem, but if you need the email contact pm me.
  • evs78
    evs78 Posts: 133
    They is one classy looking piece of kit. Reminds me of the Vanilla Speedwagen that I've had my eye on after seeing it on the veloliberte blog: http://veloliberte.blogspot.co.uk/2013/ ... n.html?m=1
    All the gear and no idea...
  • sy1975
    Evs78 wrote:
    They is one classy looking piece of kit. Reminds me of the Vanilla Speedwagen that I've had my eye on after seeing it on the veloliberte blog: http://veloliberte.blogspot.co.uk/2013/ ... n.html?m=1

Thanks - this is also a cool paint job, not sure about the gold - a little to bling for me!
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    Black seat post clamp and some deep section rims and you have a perfect bike. De Rosa's are lovely looking bikes.
  • sy1975
    Black seat post clamp and some deep section rims and you have a perfect bike. De Rosa's are lovely looking bikes.

agreed re wheels - shop had it mocked up with some deep cosmics - but budget will not allow at this stage!
  • Camcycle1974
    Understood, the King is not a cheap option! Far Sports carbon clinchers at about £400 not a bad option rather than £2000 Zipps.
  • sy1975
    Understood, the King is not a cheap option! Far Sports carbon clinchers at about £400 not a bad option rather than £2000 Zipps.

Thanks never seen those before - the red in the spokes would compliment really well!

Good reviews I take it? Still may have to wait a while but tempting!
  • Camcycle1974
    sy1975 wrote:

Thanks never seen those before - the red in the spokes would compliment really well!

Good reviews I take it? Still may have to wait a while but tempting!

They do get good reviews for the most part. Bit of a risk ordering direct from China but in my experience they have very good customer service. There is a review on one of the Roadcc blogs.