The 10 Roadie Commandments

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,120
edited June 2014 in The cake stop
1. There is only one true faith, which is the way of the roadie. Harken not to the foul persuasions of the false prophets who swim and run as well, or those covered in mud wearing baggy clothing
2. Honour thy father and mother, or whoever else taught you to ride, for they are righteous and have bestowed upon you a great gift
3. Similarly, pass on thy faith wherever thy can, advising the unenlightened to make full use of the abbreviated path to righteousness known as the “Cycle to Work Scheme”
4. Worship thou the most holy brethren known as “the Pros”, for they are most righteous and are hard in an entirely wholesome manner. This includeth fallen brethren of the hyperdermic persuasion, except for the American who-shall-not-be-named, hereafter forever to be known as “The Bell End”
5. Blessed is (s)he who helpeth his brother or sister in their time of need, with holy gifts of patches, tubes, help and advice. Accursed is (s)he who does not do the whole Good Samaritan act
6. Thou shalt know the faithful by their appearance, and shall acknowledge their holiness with the nod or other form of recognition
7. Adhere to the unwritten but omnipresent and all-knowing righteous code of the road, that thou shalt not jumpeth the red light (although if thou breakest the speed limit that is OK)
8. Thine ride shall have the curled bars of holiness and more than one gear. If thou must havest but one gear, thou must have the righteous amount of braking equipment as specified in the Gospel according to DoT, lest thou be a c0ck
9. If thou havest an ‘ironic’ beard, frumpy specs and saggy-arseth jeans, thou art a hipster and therefore accursed in the eyes of the Lord, and everyone else. Wiseth thou the feck up
10. Covet not thy neighbour’s ride, his shoes or his level of fitness. Rather, get thine own house in order and be thankful for the mercy of the Lord in bestowing the gift of cycling righteousness upon thee.

Here endeth the commandments. They shall be carved on tablets of Carbon Fibre, Steel and Alu, that the righteous may forever learn from their wisdom.

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    The time you spent coming up with that you could have made it funny or original or something!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,231
    11. STFU
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • diplodicus
    diplodicus Posts: 721
    Made me smile
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    mfin wrote:
    The time you spent coming up with that you could have made it funny or original or something!

Or not posted the same shite you posted in Commuting Chat :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    It's not "thou havest" it's "thou hast". Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to "Trivial things that annoy you"
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Giraffoto wrote:
    It's not "thou havest" it's "thou hast". Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to "Trivial things that annoy you"

It's neither. It's DU HAST. Queue Till and Co.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98RYXRN8GTM

Rammy... possibly best live act in world at moment. With exception of AC/DC if they ever get back on stage.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Memo to self: people on Commuter forum are not as rude as on here.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Vesterberg
    Vesterberg Posts: 330
    omfgdogs.gif
    omfgdogs.gif
    omfgdogs.gif