My mum the rapist apologist

13»

Comments

• meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    "Women have suffered long enough from sexual violence and from the various excuses that are given to justify acts of sexual violence and to blame women for the failure for rape convictions is both unfair on the victims and in many ways a free pass for the perpetrators who know they are likely to evade justice in the majority of circumstances."

Says all that needs and can be said. Attempts to qualify such basic truths are at best mere attempts at diversion and obfuscation or at worst apologist.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    meagain wrote:
    "Women have suffered long enough from sexual violence and from the various excuses that are given to justify acts of sexual violence and to blame women for the failure for rape convictions is both unfair on the victims and in many ways a free pass for the perpetrators who know they are likely to evade justice in the majority of circumstances."

Says all that needs and can be said. Attempts to qualify such basic truths are at best mere attempts at diversion and obfuscation or at worst apologist.

Weird post, lemming like.
    Living MY dream.
  • meagain
    I was trying to be polite. OK, you are an apologist. For rapists. For Tyson. That do?
    d.j.
  • VTech
    meagain wrote:
    I was trying to be polite. OK, you are an apologist. For rapists. For Tyson. That do?

No, I deplore them, I just don't think tyson raped her.
    I think it was a setup from start to finish, there was no money in boxing, tyson was fetching 1-40 odds and the money dropped out of both legal and illegal betting, it is fact that several people were investigated from the mob in chigago accused of trying to get tyson out of the ring as takings dropped.

Conspiracy theories of course but lets not forget, this virginal queen who was of purity had only just perfumed several acts that even most hookers wouldn't perform.

Odd, no ?
    Living MY dream.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    VTech wrote:
    Conspiracy theories of course but lets not forget, this virginal queen who was of purity had only just perfumed several acts that even most hookers wouldn't perform.
    Are you seriously suggesting that Mike Tyson's preferences run to acts that hookers won't consider?
    I do not usually use smilies but that is a well deserved :shock:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • VTech
    PBlakeney wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    Are you seriously suggesting that Mike Tyson's preferences run to acts that hookers won't consider?
    I do not usually use smilies but that is a well deserved :shock:

I would yes. I'm sure a hooker will have sex with you and even blow you to a smile but in an elevator on the way to a penthouse in front of a bellhop ?
    Is that the kind of hooker you would want ? If I were in the market is prefer someone with a little class.
    The girl was easy, if she was the type to willingly have sex with someone she only just met and do it in a limo and then in an elevator it makes her persona of a woman of virtue a lie. She was nothing more than a slut.

I'm sorry if that offends but it's my opinion and I'm unsure it will ever change in this case.
    Living MY dream.
  • pblakeney
    No offence.
    My point was simply that it takes two to tango.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • VTech
    PBlakeney wrote:
    No offence.
    My point was simply that it takes two to tango.

Now I'm in 100% agreement. I do think Tyson had the opportunity and took full advantage of it. I'm sure he did it on countless opertunities. He was a nasty man by nature but I just don't buy the rape thing.
    Living MY dream.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    VTech wrote:
    I would yes. I'm sure a hooker will have sex with you and even blow you to a smile but in an elevator on the way to a penthouse in front of a bellhop ?
    Is that the kind of hooker you would want ? If I were in the market is prefer someone with a little class.
    The girl was easy, if she was the type to willingly have sex with someone she only just met and do it in a limo and then in an elevator it makes her persona of a woman of virtue a lie. She was nothing more than a slut.

I'm sorry if that offends but it's my opinion and I'm unsure it will ever change in this case.

nice, just like the op s mums view... the girl is a slut but the guy? he s a bit of lad! she was asking for it! its this underlying view is why there are so few rape convictions and why teenage girls even now, who report abuse are not believed... and child abusers and rapists go free, often for decades.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    VTech wrote:
    Is that the kind of hooker you would want ?

I'm confused. If you want some action in a lift infront of a porter then surely you either want someone to do it for free or you want a hooker who will do it for money. Otherwise you are effectively saying "I want a shag in a lift but not with the sort of person who would have a shag in a lift"!

But then I don't know much about hookers! Except that the ones I cycle past at the end of the street by the office are mostly haggard wrecks.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    VTech wrote:
    I am shocked at your response.

So to get this right.

Women don't cry rape to get back at partners.

I can't agree, factually I can't agree.

Did you read the link? It is a CPS report setting out just how rare 'crying rape to get back at partners' is. To quote from the report: 'Mr Starmer QC continued: "Victims of rape and domestic violence must not be deterred from reporting the abuse they have suffered. In recent years we have worked hard to dispel the damaging myths and stereotypes that are associated with these cases. One such misplaced belief is that false allegations of rape and domestic violence are rife. This report presents a more accurate picture."'

So there is aboslutely nothing factual about your belief. Sometimes in the face of evidence you have to accept you're wrong - it makes you a better person.
  • VTech
    mamba80 wrote:
    VTech wrote:

nice, just like the op s mums view... the girl is a slut but the guy? he s a bit of lad! she was asking for it! its this underlying view is why there are so few rape convictions and why teenage girls even now, who report abuse are not believed... and child abusers and rapists go free, often for decades.

No, look up the word slut, the meaning has reference to the actions of this girl.
    I don't write the dictionary, I just quoted it.

Slut - Loose, loose sexually.

She was a slut, there is no doubt in that.
    The fact that a courtroom jury was not allowed to know she had just had consensual sex and then gave oral to me stinks of foul play. Now I know it isn't, its just the USA system but to me its wrong, to english law its wrong. Mitigating circumstances and previous actions do count in the UK and tyson would not have been found guilty here and this discussion wouldn't have taken place.
    Living MY dream.
  • bdu98252
    bdu98252 Posts: 171
    VTech has a point that I am sure that there is at least 1 case of a individual crying rape to cause damage to a second persons life. One of my friends at University stopped going out with a girl and she later made an allegation of rape against him. In this case it was obviously false as it is difficult to rape a girl who is not present in the middle of a pub with a number of reliable witnesses to give the individuals whereabouts. She was probably given a right warning for wasting polices time however next time she may do more research and pick times with the victim is alone and finds it difficult to dispute the allegation. Where I can't agree with VTech is with the assertion that this is widespread.

When I was at school I noticed the clear trend for girls going for older and/or alpha males. This leads them into some shaky situations as an older boy is going to want more than the girl may wish to give and if he is the alpha male stereotype running round the school showing his physical dominance then maybe he won't take no for an answer. I think Mike Tyson is very much this alpha male kind of person and anyone with half a brain would realise this is very likely prior to even meeting him.

There is a clear link in my mind between self esteem and life experiences. If you have no self esteem then maybe you are willing to let others do to you as you would not wish to do to others. Maybe as a society we should be raising self esteem amongst girls so that engaging in risky behaviour with dominating personality types is not seen as cool. I have young boys and I am glad of it as some of the stories I overhear from friends of teenagers of distant relation would make me very unhappy as a parent.
  • zanelad
    zanelad Posts: 269
    airbag wrote:
    Zanelad wrote:
    In defence of the OPs mum (we're similar ages) on the subject of climate change, how do we know that it is not cyclical and not just down to humans.

After all, what caused the ice age, and more importantly what caused the thaw that followed? We can't put that down to cheap flights and 4x4s

Call me cynical but I feel we are blamed so that we can be taxed more.

Why don't you actually make an effort to find out then?

Call me cynical, but it's because you don't actually want to. You'd rather claim a conspiracy because you'd feel guilty otherwise.

Which is actually very relevant to the OP. How would you feel if, in 50 years, fuel use is treated by wider culture the way greens want it to be? Can you really say you don't waste fuel and resources? 'Cos I do.

Is "it was a different time" going to be a good excuse for you, and I, or not?

I genuinely don't know.

I have made an effort, however, like climate change no one seems to be able to agree about the causes.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Zanelad wrote:
    airbag wrote:
    Zanelad wrote:
    In defence of the OPs mum (we're similar ages) on the subject of climate change, how do we know that it is not cyclical and not just down to humans.

After all, what caused the ice age, and more importantly what caused the thaw that followed? We can't put that down to cheap flights and 4x4s

Call me cynical but I feel we are blamed so that we can be taxed more.

Why don't you actually make an effort to find out then?

Call me cynical, but it's because you don't actually want to. You'd rather claim a conspiracy because you'd feel guilty otherwise.

Which is actually very relevant to the OP. How would you feel if, in 50 years, fuel use is treated by wider culture the way greens want it to be? Can you really say you don't waste fuel and resources? 'Cos I do.

Is "it was a different time" going to be a good excuse for you, and I, or not?

I genuinely don't know.

I have made an effort, however, like climate change no one seems to be able to agree about the causes.

The causes of climate change are agreed upon. Even most of the "skeptical" climate scientists recognise that human emissions of carbon dioxide are causing the planet to warm up, they just argue that warming will be at the lower end of the predicted range of temperature increases.

Consider this - the only reputable scientific body to ever oppose the idea that humans are causing climate change was the American Association of Petroleum Geologists. They withdrew this position under pressure from their own members. Even the geologists who are paid to get fossil fuels out of the ground do no want to be associated with a body that denies that humans are causing global warming.
  • pblakeney
    johnfinch wrote:
    Consider this - the only reputable scientific body to ever oppose the idea that humans are causing climate change was the American Association of Petroleum Geologists. They withdrew this position under pressure from their own members. Even the geologists who are paid to get fossil fuels out of the ground do no want to be associated with a body that denies that humans are causing global warming.
    This is all very good and worthy of pontification.
    However, it is simply avoiding the real question.
    What can we do to solve the problem?

Cutting back on emissions would help but we are beyond that point.
    Anything to do with taxes is more to do with raising revenue than saving the planet.

Answers on a very large postcard please.

Anyway. Yes, the older generation do hold out dated views. As will the youth of today in 50 years.
    "You actually drove a vehicle with a combustion engine?" For example.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • finchy
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Answers on a very large postcard please.

Probably answers would have to come on a very large postcard because, like most political problems, it is one to which no single individual has all the answers and you'd need input from many different sources.

Carbon capture and storage?
    Thorium/fusion power?
    Better urban planning?
    Improved energy efficiency?
    Aforestation and reforestation?

These are some of the solutions that I've seen proposed. The answer is probably to go with a mixture of them.
  • pblakeney
    johnfinch wrote:
    These are some of the solutions that I've seen proposed. The answer is probably to go with a mixture of them.
    Therefore the problem is known, as is the solution.
    Why isn't it happening?

Answer - There is not enough money to be made saving the planet at this point in time.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • meagain
    "Yes, the older generation do hold out dated views."

Do we? All of us? How nice of you to tell me.
    d.j.
  • pblakeney
    meagain wrote:
    "Yes, the older generation do hold out dated views."

Do we? All of us? How nice of you to tell me.
    You are welcome.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • finchy
    VTech wrote:
    I have committed rape.

How did we all let this little gem go unremarked upon for so long!?!?? Come on Cake Stoppers, we really are letting our standards slip here. :lol::lol::lol:

Well VTech, I'm disappointed but I can't say I'm shocked. :twisted:
  • VTech
    johnfinch wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    I have committed rape.

How did we all let this little gem go unremarked upon for so long!?!?? Come on Cake Stoppers, we really are letting our standards slip here. :lol::lol::lol:

Well VTech, I'm disappointed but I can't say I'm shocked. :twisted:

I've no problem with that. You see, I say things in the sense I feel them. In general life it's done me well whilst on here the opposite.
    You have to ask yourself one simple question, who would honestly want to spend some sexy time with an overweight baldy without a little persuasion :):)
    Living MY dream.
  • finchy
    Have you thought about a corset?
  • VTech
    johnfinch wrote:

Not for me. Problem is, at one part it will look ok but what about where it all falls out :(
    No, the only way is more excersize and less sweats. Problem is, I want more of the one and less of the other whilst I need less of one and more of the other :)
    Living MY dream.
  • pblakeney
    VTech wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

Not for me. Problem is, at one part it will look ok but what about where it all falls out :(
    No, the only way is more excersize and less sweats. Problem is, I want more of the one and less of the other whilst I need less of one and more of the other :)
    May I suggest that you need more of both.
    Or simply cancel auto spell.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    PBlakeney wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

May I suggest that you need more of both.
    Or simply cancel auto spell.

When he said he'd committed rape, I didn't think he meant of the English language!