Fathers Day Sunday Thread

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited June 2014 in The bottom bracket
Woken up early by the littlies bearing various gifts including some cycling socks 8)

More celebrations for my daughters birthday today, this time it's with the family so once the sun breaks through it'll be loafing in the garden all the way :D
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• macp
    macp Posts: 94
    No cards or pressies yet but the wife said she had something for me ?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,475
    Two Fathers Day treats for me: a box of poncey chocolates which I've already started on, and a morning of peace 'n' quiet - my special request :)

Need more sleep now due to watching England doing their usual World Cup let down job but will have to forego watching more footy if I want to catch up on z's....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Morning folks.
    A slow start with tea in bed. Kids got me cards and presents, a novelty mug and a book showing the pain and suffering of long distance cycling. Taking my Dad out for a fry up as my Mum is in Italy then father son bonding as I teach the boy how to change a Mini clutch.
    Onwards to skinned knuckles.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    So far, so very sad. Four posts, not good. Even T47's snake got more interest, and that's saying something. :wink:

I'm not a dad, so lie-in, loads of coffee and croissants, then local boozer for some ales. Bangers and mash for tea, home-brew and red wine. Work tomorrow - gay :cry:

Spoke to me dad on Friday. We are not overly emotional, being English (seems a bit of a crime round here), but he was going sea-fishing this weekend and sounded as happy as a pig in straw. Tight lines, pop.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I felt that as I'm not a dad (I hope, no one has knocked the door and left a baby) and I'm not a fan of my own, this wasn't the topic for me. Then again nor is a topic about snakes.

On the plus side got 70 miles in, found two new hills to go back and attack before joining the second half of the clubs spin, which was to celebrate the clubs 2nd birthday
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Great fathers day through spending the day cycling on the Shropshire highland challenge

Kids bought me some camelback bottles - they worked a treat. Just been to the pub for current wife's father and now awaiting her return
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Just got a choc orange and card from son... Lovely
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    Breakfast in bed, a card and aftershave from my partner and her two daughters. My boy asked me for a pen so he could write on the card he had bought me, wrote on it, presented it, then announced my "gift" would arrive Thursday (today) !?!?!?
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • tlw1
    Philly8mt wrote:
    Breakfast in bed, a card and aftershave from my partner and her two daughters. My boy asked me for a pen so he could write on the card he had bought me, wrote on it, presented it, then announced my "gift" would arrive Thursday (today) !?!?!?

its a stripper
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Got a card off the lad and nowt off the daughter. She is learning. :)
    Hopefully next year I'll get nowt off both.
    That's because I'm a miserable old git.
  • Philly8mt
    matthew h wrote:
    Philly8mt wrote:

its a stripper

It was Paul Smith & Henri Lloyd socks ... :)
  • tlw1
    Philly8mt wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Philly8mt wrote:

its a stripper

better luck next year
  • Philly8mt
    matthew h wrote:
    Philly8mt wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Philly8mt wrote:

its a stripper

better luck next year

I'll make him read this thread .... :(