Tamworth

DeVlaeminck
DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
edited June 2014 in Tour & expedition
If I can beg some local knowledge ?

Can someone recommend a good route round Tamworth coming from Derby and then looping back. It's the Tamworth end I need really - I did a nice ride the other week coming in from Whittington area and coming back round up through Polesworth but ended up on the a4091 which was a bit busier than I'd like and even turned into a dual carriageway at one point. In the absence of that a route around the North of the town - it's a long day ride on road bikes so scenic and relatively quiet but not tiny gravelly lanes are the ideal.

Also is a decent cafe stop round the Polesworth/Husbands Bosworth area - when I say decent the main things being you can see your bike as none of us tends to carry locks rather than a michelin star - cheap and cheerful is fine in fact for me preferable.

Thanks
[Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]

Comments

• moffatt666
    moffatt666 Posts: 30
    Coming into the north of Tamworth, I'd suggest using Wiggington Road or coming down through No Man's Heath/Austrey or maybe A513/Burton Rd - all three of these are pretty quiet.

On the subject of cake stops, there's Yesterdays on High Street, Polesworth; but bugger all, really, in Husband's Bosworth. Market Bosworth near Hinckley, however, has at least three excellent cafes in the market square.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    Ok thanks yes i meant market bosworth, husbands is a bit of a distance.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • moffatt666
    moffatt666 Posts: 30
    In that case, The Bistrot in the the top corner of the market square (diagonally opposite Co-Op) sells some fantastic cakes.