Brake Noise Standing Still Magura Julie BAT

m0rph
m0rph Posts: 7
edited June 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all,

I have a bit of a noise coming from the rear brake, it makes no noise whatsoever when moving it's only at a stand still when you hold the rear brake on tight and put some tension on to the pedal or if you try to push the bike forwards.

I have had everything apart and cleaned it all, the rotor has been off the wheel and cleaned and refitted everything, made sure there are no loose items.

I do not remember this happening on old alu kona frame, I have a carbon cube frame now.

My next move was going to fit some washers between the calliper and mount on the frame.

Anyone have any ideas please ???

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    So what is it doing?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • m0rph
    m0rph Posts: 7
    Well when your stationary and hold the rear brake on an either try to pedal or push the bike forward it makes an annoying noise, almost as if it's not gripping the rotor well enough and slipping just a bit through, I have changed pads as well.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    A complete non issue, I wouldn't even be spending 30 seconds on it....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Horton
    Horton Posts: 327
    Maybe one to file under the "do you notice it whilst riding and does it affect performance"... That said, could be hub bearings, linkage bearings, shock bushings - any number of things that only show up when rocking back/forwards whilst stationary.