What BB for FC-6700

landdnl
landdnl Posts: 64
edited June 2014 in Workshop
I have a KHS Flite 250 that I want to convert to 10 speed Ultegra 6750 road(currently 8 spd). I have a sealed cartridge bottom bracket. Still need to take to bike shop to see what bottom bracket is needed to make this work, but I figured I'd pick the forums brain also. Does the bottom bracket just need to be replaced with the proper one, or do I need something else to make an external bearing crank(Ultegra 6750) work with this? Am going to use SL-R780 shift levers. It looks like that's all I need to get, and the BB of course.
Not that this is going to be of any help, but here is my drive train components:

Front Derailleur Microshift FD-R42
Rear Derailleur Shimano RD-2200
Shifters Microshift Trigger
Chain KMC Z8 w/Missing Link
Crankset Alloy Forged 50/34 Compact(Samox Af-13)
Bottom Bracket Sealed cartridge
Cassette Shimano HG30, 11-30, 8 Speed

FYI Just to quell the "why are you doing this?" questions, I'm using this for commuting(23 miles) purposes, and the crank is on life support. I'd like a couple of more gears so shifting is more seamless.

This doesn't have to be a road bike setup. If you have suggestions on a mountain bike drive train that you think would be better than the road setup, please chime in.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,180
    if you want to stick with same series, the ultegra 6700 bb

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-ultegra ... t-cup-set/

probably will be english threaded one, you'll also need a matching bb tool unless you's already got one or are getting the lbs to do the job

if you're changing to 10-speed, you'll need to change the cassette and chain too, may or may not get away with the current rear mech
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • landdnl
    landdnl Posts: 64
    I just need the LBS to remove the old bottom bracket. All of the drive train will be replaced. I have the cassette, chain, front and rear derailleur. I just need the bottom bracket, shifters, and crank.