10-11 speed disc wheel...

DiscoBoy
DiscoBoy Posts: 905
edited June 2014 in Workshop
So I bought a 10 speed PRO disc wheel to go with my 11 speed time trial bike. I was hoping I'd be able to just live with the fact that I wouldn't have 11 gears

Sorry that I can't help with the other stuff, but how were you hoping this would work? As far as I know, one can't use a 10 speed cassette along with 11 speed shifters (& rear dérailleur) due to different spacing of the cogs.
Red bikes are the fastest.

Comments

• DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    DiscoBoy wrote:
    So I bought a 10 speed PRO disc wheel to go with my 11 speed time trial bike. I was hoping I'd be able to just live with the fact that I wouldn't have 11 gears

Sorry that I can't help with the other stuff, but how were you hoping this would work? As far as I know, one can't use a 10 speed cassette along with 11 speed shifters (& rear dérailleur) due to different spacing of the cogs.

It's been done quite a lot by just removing one sprocket of an 11 speed cassette and putting it on a 10 speed freehub. I just didn't think the hub spacing would be different :?:

Oh right, I've not heard of that.

Is a campy freehub available for your wheel? If so, then you can just use a campy 11 speed cassette.
    Red bikes are the fastest.