Anybody doing Dartmoor Classic this year?

FoldingJoe
FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
Was down to do the Grande but a total lack of time on the bike this year means I'll shift down to the Medio.

Looking forward to the feedstation as always!! :)
Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807

Comments

• gog555
    gog555 Posts: 63
    Coming down from Cambridge to do it. Will be the second time I've done t
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Yup, doing the medio here... First time and somewhat nervous that it is as challenging as i think it is. Keep hearing dire tales of idiot racers and unhelpful motorists...
  • FoldingJoe
    Wow - looks like nice weather - for a change!! :)

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Yup, doing the medio here... First time and somewhat nervous that it is as challenging as i think it is. Keep hearing dire tales of idiot racers and unhelpful motorists...

Watch out for the ponies as well Mikey :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • jmillen
    jmillen Posts: 627
    How did you all get on? :)
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • Spatulala
    Spatulala Posts: 291
    It was a glorious day, pretty hot in places. Slow up hills (plenty of em) so was happy with silver in 7.13. One of my riding buddies managed a sub 6 hr time which was close behind the first man home. As usual, super smooth organisation and brilliant marshals. Well done MDCC
  • jmillen
    jmillen Posts: 627
    I did the Medio, 3rd year in a row and got a gold so I guess I'm going to have to try the Grande next year...need to get some big mileage in I think !
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • Mikey23
    didnt finish. wasnt mentally or physically up for the challenge. the three mile fast descent into ashburton freaked me so much that i took the opportunity to bail out with some others and take the cycle paths back to newton abbot. dont think i would ever wish to sign up for this again...
  • FoldingJoe
    First time I've heard of somebody bailing on a descent!! ;)

Sorry Mikey - it's a tough one, that's for sure, and if you aren't prepared it'll bite you in the a55. :(

• Mikey23
    It did ;-)