Colnago versus Pinarello

ianeverton
ianeverton Posts: 231
edited June 2014 in Road buying advice
I am considering trading in my C59 for a Dogma, am I completely crazy ??

Comments

• richiegwy
    richiegwy Posts: 171
    What are the reasons for the change?
    Which Dogma model?
    Are you transferring over all drivetrain, wheels etc.
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    edited June 2014
    That depends, are you a dentist?

p.s. the new Dogma was just announced.
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • ianeverton
    ianeverton Posts: 231
    A change is as good as a rest, and I quite like the look of the 2014 model
    Dogma 65.1 2014 (i think)
    Yep, transferring all my kit over to the Dogma
    richiegwy wrote:
    What are the reasons for the change?
    Which Dogma model?
    Are you transferring over all drivetrain, wheels etc.
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    ianeverton wrote:

Yes, yes you are!
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    That's like swapping Monica Bellucci for Joe Pesci.
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    I have both. Rode the Dogma yesterday and the C59 today. If you want to make a change for the sake of making a change, then go for it. The geometry on the Dogma is slightly more aggressive and the look of the Dogma tends to divide opinion. Otherwise they are both very good bikes, neither are the lightest frames available, but both ride well and importantly both have threaded BB !! Performance wise you are not going to see much difference, so it depends whether you want to spend the money making the change, or get a good enough deal on the 65.1.
  • djhermer
    djhermer Posts: 328
    Quite definitely barking.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    I have a C59 (MTBK) a Master, a Wilier Cento Uno and a Scott Foil. All fantatsic bikes in their own way but the C59 is just sublime (as I'm sure the OP is more than aware). The Pigarello on the other hand is just not right. "She's no very bonny" as they say up here.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Quite mad, the C59 is the best frame I've been on for years, and I've ridden a lot of frames.
  • paulmon
    paulmon Posts: 315
    What size frame is the C59 and what colourway is it ? I am looking to get into one of these or a C60.
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Wish I had a problem like this!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Hand made in Italy vs production line in Taiwan. Hmmmm, tricky!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    I recently had a C59 built and fitted during which the fitter mentioned one of his customers had a rather large bike collection, including C60, and in his opinion the best frame he possessed was the C59.

I can only compare against my Cento Uno and I agree with the earlier comments that the C59 provides a lovely smooth ride whilst retaining sharp handling (sharp handling probably partly because of a short stem fitted!). You can ride it for a very long time without discomfort. The Cento Uno is less forgiving, rarely harsh, but very lively. Unfortunately for me I think they are both brilliant in their own way and I'll probably keep them both which feels very selfish and unjustifiable!

Can't comment on the Dogma though!

Peter
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    I have had a dogma and it was a lovely bike,since then I have had 2 c59s and I would say the c59 wins hands down.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    markyone wrote:
    I have had a dogma and it was a lovely bike,since then I have had 2 c59s and I would say the c59 wins hands down.

What about with hands on the hoods?

:D:(
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    ianeverton wrote:

If you end up wanting to sell the frame and it's a 50s by any chance then please drop me a PM
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    I bought a new colnago extreme power recently ( had never been built) and it's the best I've ridden. I don't know if the c59 or c60 are even better. Pinerellos look like they are melting.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • Can't say about the Pina, but speaking to a man form Campag recently his opinion/knowledge is that roughly 25% of the pro peleton would rather be on a C-59 than any other frame!!!

I am certainly no Pro - but it love mine!

Still there all just bikes!

Why not by the pina frame, ride it for a few months, then swap back. Decide, and then sell the one you don't want. alternatively keep it for a winter bike!

Sniff.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    People stop and stare at a Colnago and say wow !!! - pinarello s are just ugly 8)
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    Can't say about the Pina, but speaking to a man form Campag recently his opinion/knowledge is that roughly 25% of the pro peloton would rather be on a C-59 than any other frame!!!

I am certainly no Pro - but it love mine!

Still there all just bikes!

Why not by the pina frame, ride it for a few months, then swap back. Decide, and then sell the one you don't want. alternatively keep it for a winter bike!

Sniff.

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.
  • Tiesetrotter
    Tiesetrotter Posts: 432
    Yes but only 25% say it doesn't work. Of the remainder 3% say an elephant ride will do.
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    75% of statistics are made up. Fact.
  • H1llB1lly
    H1llB1lly Posts: 3
    Every time I see a Dogma I question whether it is real or not, there are so many Chinarellos out there. I don't do that with Colnagos, they just make me smile and dream.
    Swap if you want and enjoy the doubters questions, but you ARE mad.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Pinarellos are just plain ugly, end of.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    LegendLust wrote:

They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Sex Panther!