A Royal RAAMing?

Comments

• MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    I would happily marry into that family, if she was mine.

The view from behind her must be awesome!
  • Akirasho
    Akirasho Posts: 1,892
    I would happily marry into that family, if she was mine.

The view from behind her must be awesome!

?? are you a Brit?? are you allowed to say that?? ain't that treasonable?? don't you guys behead for things like that (the important head, not the one on your neck)??
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    I think that this quote from the comments section pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter -

"So, a celebrity airhead with no discernible talent is going on an all expenses paid trip to America to ride a bike for three hours a day. And it's all for "charridee". Nope, can't see the story here. Top marks to those who are doing it for real, but the headline story here is nonsense. Why do we buy into this stuff?"

I wanted to emphasise my respect for those who are doing it for real, but otherwise, spot on.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Akirasho
    PBlakeney wrote:
    I think that this quote from the comments section pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter -

"So, a celebrity airhead with no discernible talent is going on an all expenses paid trip to America to ride a bike for three hours a day. And it's all for "charridee". Nope, can't see the story here. Top marks to those who are doing it for real, but the headline story here is nonsense. Why do we buy into this stuff?"

I wanted to emphasise my respect for those who are doing it for real, but otherwise, spot on.

Oh, I think you're gonna get beheaded!

From an American POV, you're all Royal (pains) because of your abuse of the pronunciation of the Engrish language!!!

RAAM is on my bucket list
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Would love to do it, wheel hugging pippa for a few hours would be more than welcome.

One question - shouldn't it really be called RAA
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    How does it work when people "raise money for charity" like this? Are they selling advertising space on the participants' clothes? Will they be followed every step of the way by someone shaking a bucket?

And when someone famous does something a bit outside their field "for charity", how does it work? Can anyone here remember sticking a couple of quid in the tin because that bloke off the telly did that thing that time?
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Pippa in RAAM race action, yes please :twisted:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Can I be her saddle for a day please?
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Akirasho
    simonhead wrote:

... see what I mean about abusing Engrish!!! :twisted:
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Akirasho wrote:
    simonhead wrote:

enhanced-buzz-4390-1402505642-4.jpg
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • Akirasho
    simonhead wrote:
    Akirasho wrote:
    simonhead wrote:

enhanced-buzz-4390-1402505642-4.jpg

... yepper, the KISS principle... :roll: :mrgreen:
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Americans are cute when they try to teach us grammar.
  • metronome
    metronome Posts: 670
    Yes I believe they refer to it as grammarizing.
    tick - tick - tick
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    metronome wrote:
    Yes I believe they refer to it as grammarizing.

LOL :lol:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,148
    The sister of one of the forumites over on Pro Race is doing it for real (and she's going pretty well)

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12966892
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    PBlakeney wrote:

Yepp, that comment gets my vote.