quinta-feira

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited June 2014 in The bottom bracket
Days of the week here don't have names, they are numbered.

Fifth day here :D
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    The fourth day in Russian. They always have to be different.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Only 2 working days until freedom. Legs are sore today anyhow off for a coffee
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    there are only three days, they occur in random order through the year, it is not the same day everywhere at the same time

businessday

sunnywarmlovelyday <-the best kind of day

coldandorcloudyandorwindyandorwetday <- from the welsh day ddiwrnodoeraneugymyloganeuwyntoganeuwlyb, but shorter, these days can happen anywhere
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Morning all,
    A day of dicking about with cars in between work. Going to pick up an old Mini I've bought after work tonight. so drove in. Poxy car went wrong on the way in, so I have to sort that out as well now. Wouldn't have had that problem on my bicycle.
    I need to drink more tea to combat the effects of the beer last night.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Despite being in work today is actually a good day as it's my last day in work until next Tuesday 8)

Today will involve plenty of caffeine to combat the tediousness of the Excel spreadsheet that I'm working on :roll:

Anyway shouldn't grumble :D
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    This is something new...you are actually intending on fitting in some work between days off and coffee, well done, that appraisal has made all the difference :D
  • Flâneur
    Anyone know Arrans boss? can we make an arrangement so he has to work all week and weekend?

How old is the mini?

Today is a good day to work from a coffee shop
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    team47b wrote:
    This is something new...you are actually intending on fitting in some work between days off and coffee, well done, that appraisal has made all the difference :D

Of course, appraisals are supposed to motivate aren't they :roll:

:P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    sa0u823e wrote:
    How old is the mini?
    It's what I consider a modern one, circa 1990 Mini 1000.
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    How old is the mini?

I've been getting a serious urge to own another "real" mini lately.
    My last one was from '72 and I spent so much time and effort on that car! I really wish I still had it. :cry:
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    last day in office - have a week off riding on Anglesey :D
    even the weather looks good 8)
  • veronese68
    Pituophis wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    How old is the mini?

I've been getting a serious urge to own another "real" mini lately.
    My last one was from '72 and I spent so much time and effort on that car! I really wish I still had it. :cry:
    I'm really looking forward to it, although I won't be able to do much to it. It's really intended for my son to learn to drive next year. The prices on them have gone a bit silly and this one is at the right price and doesn't need any welding. I had been waiting on a 1963 model, but the guy has been promising it to me for the last 6 months and not turned up with it.
  • team47b
    My '65 Mk1...

mk1cooper075.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Cant log in from the office - this new website is not working perfectly is it...having to post on my phone instead.

Busy and tired today but at least out tonight for some Japanese nosh and booze.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Would love a 60s mini, just not sure I would ever own any old mini, few of my car inclined friends have and all needed therapy with stress and anger (they still love them). Be a fun car to learn in and have at school - jealous

Now after drinking too much coffee and sparkling water time to go for the club spin
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    team47b wrote:
    My '65 Mk1...

mk1cooper075.jpg

Did you ever get that dodgy front grill sorted?

Look what I stumbled on, stunning, immaculate:

14221825530_b3ec517466_q.jpg

14407302684_0e1e30bcfd_q.jpg

14407112622_3210c93471_q.jpg

14407123342_cb36d34da9_q.jpg

14221817880_1eb7824cae_q.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Mine isn't as nice as either of those. But the grille is better than t47's was.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Title was way over my head.., keep it simple folks!
  • team47b
    My '69 cooper mk2 which had the better cooper grill than the mk1 cooper S you were dissin' (in the background) the grill was always getting damaged as the cooper S had a habit of leaving the road and going through hedges :D

mk2cooper074.jpg
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    I spent 18 months converting an 850 automatic to a manual, full stage 3, 998 with built out arches (as opposed to bolt on's) minilites and spacers, re built from the sub frame up - body mostly by by old fella, who was a proper old school skilled sheet metal worker! :wink:
    An immaculate looking car, not for the purists admittedly, and a real XR3 eater (only the oldies will understand that :lol:) and I have one picture of it, hidden behind 2 conifers, showing a door, and not much else! :cry::cry::cry:
    If I ever find that bloody bottle with the genie in it, one wish could easily be wasted on that car!

I may have slightly rose tinted glasses, it would be slow by today's average standards, but it seemed very quick back then!