Kindle Daily Deal - 'Tour de France'

RDW
RDW Posts: 1,900
edited June 2014 in Pro race

Comments

• Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    Thanks for that, long train journey today!
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Good spot, thanks.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Is it any good?
  • ContrelaMontre
    ContrelaMontre Posts: 3,027
    Any review of the Kindle edition? It looks like a bit of a picture-coffee-table-book so not sure if it works on Kindle...

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • RDW
    Downloaded and had a quick look on the PC app. Yes, it's heavily illustrated, magazine-style, with a short summary of the events of each Tour (up to 2012). This one would work best on a tablet or Kindle Fire - I don't have an e-ink Kindle, so not sure how it would display there. For a purely written account, you'd be better off with A Race for Madmen, which is £2.99 on Kindle at the moment, and goes into a lot more depth (though it was written before the Armstrong revelations and now needs an update).
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    RDW wrote:
    For a purely written account, you'd be better off with A Race for Madmen, which is £2.99 on Kindle at the moment, and goes into a lot more depth (though it was written before the Armstrong revelations and now needs an update).
    Ta for that, I'm still happy with my old e-ink Kindle so that sounds better to me. According to the cover photo it "Now covers the deposing of Armstrong" too.
  • RDW
    Sorry, missed the new edition - my copy is already out of date. There are new chapters in the TOC of the preview, too. I did wonder if a fresh download might get me the update, but no dice without forking out another 3 quid.