Camping Chairs

lambkin
lambkin Posts: 16
edited June 2014 in Tour & expedition
My wife & I do some cycle camping which we both love but my wife has issues with comfort at the end of a hard days touring. She would rather sit off the ground rather than lounge about on the ground as we do at present. Can anyone recommend a suitable chair which would not compromise an already full load? I saw a Dutch couple with one strapped to their loaded panniers in France but could not get details.

Comments

• mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    Thermarest chair kit. Best bit of cycle camping kit I've ever bought. Makes evenings on the campsite a pleasure instead of a back breaking ordeal.

It fits into a pannier and turns your sleeping mat into a chair. It is so comfortable I often fall asleep sitting in it after an evening meal (with a drop of wine). It works best with a Thermarest or similar self-inflating mat but can be made to work with other mattresses (I now use it with an Exped Synmat) or even foam sleeping pads.
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    Little 3-legged folding stool - can be strapped onto the top of a pannier no problem.

Or for the ultimate in lightweight luxury (at a reasonably high price) - http://www.helinox.eu/chair-one.html