Specialized Epic Comp 2010

bdigital
bdigital Posts: 193
edited June 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hello,

Ive been wanting a full sus for a while now for XC and just general fun, and a friend of a friend is selling a Specialized Epic Comp 2010.

Im planning on going round and seeing it tomorrow, take it for a spin, see how it feels. But I wouldnt mind another opinion on its value. He is asking £850 for it

Im told its in good condition and the forks recently serviced.

The spec is:

Fork:F100 RL
Rear Shock:remote Mini-Brain
Cranks:S FCM542
Front Derailleur:SLX
Rear Derailleur:X9
Shifters:X7 (changed from x8)
Brakes:Shimano SLX (ive only seen a pic and the shifters say SLX (I know that when stock the bike came with Avid Elixir R SL

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Seems pricey to me. Might be against the rules
  • bdigital
    bdigital Posts: 193
    Seems pricey to me. Might be against the rules

Thank you.

I just read through the rules and I apologise for asking its worth. I have changed the thread title now.

Slight twist in the tale, ive just been searching ebay and have found the exact one for £800! So minus fees he would only be taking home £720. Which is probably closer to its real value.

If I like it il do some haggling and see if I can get it cheaper.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    There is one cheaper on Pinkbike...

Nothing to do with me, just curiously googling.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Someone asking that rpice on ebay doesn't set a value, it's only if it sells!

This one sold for £578
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Specialized-E ... 7675.l2557
    Which seems more realistic to me.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I don't think £850 is unrealistic, I certainly think in good condition I'd want more than £578. Try for £750, see what happens!