Specialized Enduro Expert front mech

whobiggs
whobiggs Posts: 23
edited June 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
I am currently working on a bike for somebody which he has put together from bits. It is an Enduro Expert the same as the model attached. He has a muddle of components fitted to it already but bought the wrong front mech for it (me too) it would appear to be 2003-6 . The main problem is what front mech should it have (rings 22/32T) ? I have tried a top swing and a bottom swing, both foul the frame. yesterday I tried an E type and the cage is too far (30mm) from the 32 tooth ring. Any help would be appreciated thanks, I'm flummoxed :roll: .

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    An E-type designed for a triple will be fine, but of course will sit at the right height for the unfitted 42 (or 44) t big ring that isn't fitted, obvious really. You don't want one for a double as that will be sized for a circa 26/40 combo.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You don't seem to have attached anything, but if it looks like this

06EnduroPro_Brn_l.jpg

It takes a standard top swing (I think) mech, 30.9 clamp size (I think). Have one at home (2006) and no issues.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Previous model seem straight forward as well.
    http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/s ... ame-(Large)
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • whobiggs
    whobiggs Posts: 23
    Oops the attachment fell off! It should have been this one. I did measure my own mech to the 32T ring and that is only 15mm high. Maybe I should try the E type again, The post is 34.9mm. Thanks to everybody for your help.