'kin winkahs!

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited June 2014 in The bottom bracket
Just got side swiped on a roundabout by a white van man going too fast who then sped off back the way he came!

Wouldn't have minded if I had been on my bike, but I was driving my pride and joy '56 BMW Isetta.

We weren't hurt ( not a lot of side impact protection on an Isetta ) paint scraped and some large dents, single skin so easy access for repair

Police called, I was breathalised, first time for me, gave them all the details including the vans registration number.

Don't suppose he''ll be breathalised or have insurance.

Foder!!!!!
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    That's shite T47, glad that you didn't get hurt though :)

When you respray it remember not to put it under a tarp :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    :( shoot news
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    That blows, sorry to hear. So you get white van man over there too...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    That's a bummer :evil:

But look on the bright side, you have an excuse to buy a half decent car now :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Bastids!
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • AlexMac1973
    AlexMac1973 Posts: 406
    That van driver is a fargin icewhole, I hope they catch him so he can see what he did your pride and joy to say sorry.
    Scott S40 Speedster
    Dialled Stay Strong MX20R

I no longer live in an ivory tower, these days it's vintage white :shock:
  • team47b
    @ stevo, Bastardo! That's the problem, I now have a HALF decent car :D

Thanks to all for your kind words, and yes we have white van man here too, but not for long when I track him down.

I have his registration, he lives in a 10k radius of me, I know where he was heading before the accident, I will meet him again, I will be on my bike so he won't know it's me, I hold a grudge. This time it's personal.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,353
    Ouch H. Glad you are ok though.

Hope the police do something. Insurance claim?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    That's a real shame, sorry to hear that. Hope you get it properly sorted and the barsteward pays for it in blood.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Gutted at least you walked away.

Like the fact you hold grudges, too many dont
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • team47b
    Where we come from we got insurance. Capiche? :D
  • pinno
    Do you want me to fill a van up with some of the 'boys' and pay this van driver gentleman a little visit?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    PIña, you have a van. Therefore you are guilty by association. If you didn't live so far from anywhere civilised the mob would have been round already.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PIña, you have a van. Therefore you are guilty by association. If you didn't live so far from anywhere civilised the mob would have been round already.

I am trying to re-colonise them. The main problem is convincing them that they don't need bones through their noses.